jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If a person is "pro-life, why isn't the life of the mother worthy of protection

1. Anne Pettit profile image73
    Anne Pettitposted 6 years ago

If a person is "pro-life, why isn't the life of the mother worthy of protection and consideration?

2. ChrisIndellicati profile image80
    ChrisIndellicatiposted 6 years ago

Pregnancy doesn't guarantee mortality.

3. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

The life of the mother is not in threat in 99% of abortions.

4. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 6 years ago

That is something I have also thought about.  Pro-life should also consider the life of the mother.  Why don't people consider the life of the mother?  That is a very good question.  I have no idea why the people who are trying to make abortion illegal even if the mother would die, if she had an abortion.  Is it that in this country men do not consider women as worthy as them?  Just wondering.

5. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

The life of the mother is of paramount importance. No one is advocating against the mother, but for the unborn human life. You have to do a pretty crazy song and dance to deny that the life inside the mother is not human and so no human life is taken. The question is , "What about the rights of the unborn human?"

If the universe recognizes the fertilized egg as human, I would hate to be the one to put an end to his/her existence.

Now it would make things a lot easier on everyone, if pro-lifers were available to make sure that the new life ends up in a loving home. Otherwise, what will become of the unwanted person? Talk is cheap.

6. d.william profile image77
    d.williamposted 6 years ago

I doubt very much if any one who is pro-life gives a dam about that unborn child, or the mother bearing it.  Their main concern is taking the right to dictate morality on others.  What decision a pregnant mother makes, is between her, her doctor, her family, and her God.  All others have no rights at all in making decisions for that woman, or any other person on this planet based on their own personal beliefs.  How does that song go?  "You can't even run your own lives, I'll be damned if you'll run mine". 
    "Life" may begin at conception, but until a fetus is viable and can survive on it's own, it is not a "person" that its disposal would indicate murder.  According to John Edwards, and Edgar Casey, et al, the spirit does not enter the fetus until just before, or just after birth.  The deceit of self proclaimed moralists who justify their actions by invoking God into the equation are more egregiously offensive to mankind than aborting a non viable fetus.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Ok. We have how good of a medical system? The life of the mother is 99% definately NOT going to be at deaths door. 16.7 out of 100,000 die (this is in live births). The rate has been changing 2.1% per year, so far. Because of our medical possibilities, then we are able to intervine and keep the mothers alive. Most of these deaths are caused because of the mother in the first place.
    Normally the mother has a health condition and is told BY DOCTORS, that she should not get pregnant because of health conditions and death probablities. Then she really wants a baby instead of adopting because, God forbid, she gets someone else's baby, and gets pregnant. Only a few deaths are from complications.

8. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

The dangers in regards to a mother's life have been virtually eradicated by advances in medicine.  Only a a very few exceptions exist where a woman can't be brought safely through a pregnancy. Every effort should be made to save the mother and the child in pregnancy.  All life is valued.

9. madmachio profile image60
    madmachioposted 6 years ago

Isn't the job of a mother, (or father for that part) to die for the safety of their child, born or unborn? Wouldn't your mother have died for you if she had to?