jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why is it when life seems like it can't get any worse, it does?

1. insidiousglamour profile image73
    insidiousglamourposted 6 years ago

Why is it when life seems like it can't get any worse, it does?

2. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 6 years ago

A lot of people say that what we fear the most happens. Sometimes I agree with this theory but I've also seen truly smart, good hearted, and hard working people who really get handed nothing but lumps of coal in life. Maybe rough spots are a test but goodness knows that some people are tested until they break.

3. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

Because life is all about lessons, which includes the circumstance that occurred the day before and the one that occurred the next day.  The one that occurred the day before was awful enough, so you thought, but now seems smaller compared to what happened the next day.  Then at some point in time, we learn there is a bottom line, a silver lining, a solution, a lesson, and a response.  The effects of the response leave behind an influence and all the influences, collectively, resonate through the minds of our family members, close friends, or passers by.  That influence can represent a golden lesson to someone else's life.

4. Brett Winn profile image87
    Brett Winnposted 6 years ago

What she said! Right on! (ytsenoh's response)

5. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

When fate hands us a lemon, let’s try to make a lemonade. I think, it is the way we handle things when tide starts turning against us. When we slump our shoulders and wait for things to get worse, it may actually happen. Instead, if we take a deep breath, stay positive and promise to work hard to get out of the mess, believe me, it invariably happens.

6. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

The best way of answering this would be, life is a journey that seldom allows you to stop learning. I know how it feels to fall on your knees and instead of staying inert, I have to keep forward even if is walking on my knees.

The best lesson I have learned is that no matter what happens, I have all the tools to make it. Even if I don't know it yet.

7. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

I think it's a matter of teaching us just how bad we are at judgment and prediction.

8. smzclark profile image59
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

To prove to you how strong you actually are!... and to teach you that life wasn't actually that bad before.

Usually when we're down, our perception of everything is negative, so something that wouldn't usually bother us in the slightest feels like it's the cause of the end of the world as we know it...the tip of the iceberg.