How do you remain patient when it seems as if everyone else is being blessed but

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Ellana317 profile image69
    Ellana317posted 11 years ago

How do you remain patient when it seems as if everyone else is being blessed but you?

There are several things that I've been praying about but at the top of my list, a new job.  I know that the economy is bad but many of my friends have landed the job of their dreams while I'm still waiting on God.  I trust that God has something better for me but how do I remain patient in the waiting room when it seems as if my name will never be called.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6818308_f260.jpg

2. lifegate profile image79
    lifegateposted 11 years ago

I think Asaph faced the same thing question in Psalm 73. Reading  Psalm 73 from start to finish may help.

Ellana317posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you... Very much appreciated lifegate.  ;-)

3. MarleneB profile image91
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I know exactly what you mean. Just the other day, I was saying to my husband that it seems as if things are always just out of my reach. It's like I can see the things I want in life right there in front of me, but the moment I reach out to claim it, it can't be had. I can almost touch it, but never able to grab it. I pray and receive a little bit of a reward and that makes me think I'm going to be blessed with what I am praying for, but then the goal is moved farther and farther away. For example, I decided I wanted to continue my writing career and began to earn a little money with writing. Now, my eyesight is getting so bad that I can only see a blur on the screen. I don't have medical insurance, let alone vision insurance. I can't even afford glasses, much less the doctor's appointment to get an examination and prescription. So, I'm feeling blessed because I started earning a little money with my writing, but now I am having trouble with my eyes so it is difficult to see. If I can't see, then I don't know what I've written. I have to squint and make the screen gigantic to see and after a few hours I have a horrible headache. You see what I mean? My writing career is just out of my reach. Why can't I just have it all? Why do I have to struggle so much?

About four years ago, my husband and I both lost our jobs on the same day. But, our friends and neighbors all got raises, went on extended vacations, bought bigger houses, new cars, could afford to send their children to college, and so on. A few of them go to church; many of them won't even claim Jesus Christ as their savior. Yet, I see them prospering as if they were being blessed.

And, here I sit for years, struggling, trying to find a way to earn a living. Don't get me wrong, I still feel blessed as I open a can of beans and eat that for my meal. At least I have that.

I hold on to the thought that in the end, I will be rewarded for my patience.I comfort myself with the knowledge that my reward may not be received here on earth - that the Lord has something planned for me that is far greater than I can imagine. So, I live each day one by one. At the end of the day, I just thank God that He provided what I needed for that day. And, each day brings me closer to His ultimate reward.

I agree with lifegate about reading Psalm 73. It really does help.

Awww... Bless your spirit.  You know exactly what I mean then MareleneB.  I have had the same thoughts as I feel that my entire adult life has been a struggle.  I guess at the end of the day we just have to continue believing and trusting God.

2. Tacori Dawson profile image53
      Tacori Dawsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes I understand I'm struggling bad right now and I am jobless I hunger everyday I even said some mean things to God behind my struggles But now I'm going to be patent for God's blessing I just want to serve God materialist things comes after that..

3. Tacori Dawson profile image53
      Tacori Dawsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

yes I'm going through the same thing watching everyone I know become real blessed but I'm still left out but no I am never left out Cause God got me I know I even said some crazy things to and about God in the past but I just want to be patient.

4. profile image55
      glennrecopertoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

youre not the only one on that situation there are a billion out there who is far more terrible situation .....there still many possibilities out there dont lose hope....i will pray for you as a friend.that i could do the rest is up to you.....

4. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

Comparing your "blessings" with another's only leads to worry, fear and tying yourself up in knots. You start to wonder if God loves you less than them, or if you have you done something wrong. You might ask if he trying to teach you something you can't work out. You may even start digging for some "unconfessed sin", or God forbid, you get caught up worrying about some family line curse nonsense.

You are more than your job, it does not define you. Seeking material blessing and the American Dream, is not what God is about. It's all pointless.

Whether I pray or don't pray, whether I ask for blessing or do not, there appears to be no discernable difference in how life turns out.

So I just get on with life as it happens, handle each issue that comes along, and make all decisions in accordance with good conscience. At the end of the day we are told that all things work for the good of those that love God, "consider the lilies etc", and that's enough for me. So I don't worry about stuff.

You should try it, not praying about Earthly affairs that is, and very soon you will be at peace.

Hum...U have me thinking.  I can relate to searching for unconfessed sin because at times I wonder if Im being punished, yet not talking to him about earthly affairs is unimaginable.  He's my best friend so I talk to him about everything. :-(

2. profile image54
      Josephine Mineoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good words. I have found that all things work themselves out, some sooner than others.  Live with grace and see all the beauty that is always given.

5. kygirl89 profile image61
    kygirl89posted 11 years ago

Job asked this question as well.  Some answers you are looking for may be found there.  Also remember that this world is not perfect.  If we do what God has told us to in His Word we are promised the essentials for life (food, water)

Indeed, you are correct.  I understand that I am blessed to even have the essentials but I don't see any harm in having goals and being ambitious either.  You know???  I supppose I am learning to be content in any state.

6. BobMonger profile image61
    BobMongerposted 11 years ago

Something I've found that helps is to think only about what today brings to us, but pay attention! Sometimes the Lord is guiding us but we aren't able to "see the forest for the trees." That dream job may be right under our nose but we don't see it because a lot of pre-conceived notions we have are getting in the way. Your best choice is to keep looking but delight in what you already have been given. Remember to praise God in all things and trust in His wisdom to see you through the tough times.

Bobmonger... Great point "praise God in all things." Yes indeed I will because I know that he'll work it ALL out for my good.

7. Virtuous1 profile image59
    Virtuous1posted 11 years ago

for me it's pretty simple I know that the word says that God with-holds nothing good from His children,,which means this to me..The blessing is coming my way I just wait and while I wait I continue to do the work of the Ministry. I teach people that when we haven't received our blessing yet we have to look at a few things, it could be that you aren't ready to receive it yet, patience mature and develops one faith and remember His timing is not like ours so stay on the race and don't allow yourself to be caught up in watching others get theirs He promised it to you He'll deliver it as His word says so..remember Number 23:19 AMEN

Great encouragement Virtuous1... It is much appreciated.  I will certainly be meditating on that verse.  :-)

8. Bronterae profile image60
    Bronteraeposted 11 years ago

First you are blessed to be tested by God.  He is strengthening you through this time.  Learn from it and most importantly, give it up, let it go, put it at his feet and trust him.  He can see the end.  Let him give it to you at the perfect time.  He's got it!

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Amen!

9. profile image53
    WATERSTARposted 10 years ago

From, WATERSTAR, In these give it to me quick quick quick no Paitent End Times When nobody Have anytime for anybody just Me me Me, rushing here and there and dont realy know Where they a realy going and what they realy want, Do you realy Believe those Friends are the Bless ones, Having it easy most of the times not necessary is a very good thing, the more most people have The LESS THEY PRAY And in Most Cases The Less People Have The MORE TIME THEY SPENT PRAYING TO GOD TO HELP THEM OUT OF THEIR FINANCIAL ,MARITAL, AND PHYCIAL PROBLEM ,THAT IN MOST CASES FRIENDS CAN NOT BE FOUND TO HELP THEM, ONLY GOD STAY WITH YOU IN ALL YOUR TROUBLE, AND MOST OF THE TIME YOU REALY DONT KNOW HOW YOU KEEP GOING ON DAY AFTER DAY WITH NO JOB, BUT HOPE IN GOD IS BETTER THAN GOLD. As you Wait on GOD, GOD in HIS WISDOM HIS MAKING YOU A BETTER PERSON, and in Most Cases Fitting Your Mind AND SPIRIT FOR A BETTER WORLD, it is written if Those who Belive in Him and suffer with HIM YOU WILL BE BLESS TO REIGN WITH HIM IN GLORY, So keep on waiting Indeed It Speak Clearly THAT GOD TRULY LOVE YOU SO MUCH HE HOLDS YOU IN HIS HOLY ARMS AND IS CUTTING AWAY ALL the Dry Branches Out Of your Life To Make Of You A BEAUTIFUL FRUIT PRODUCING TREE FIT For A KING SO GIVE True THANKS To GOD, FOR DOING A VERY GOOD JOB IN YOUR LIFE. BY WATERSTAR:

10. Penny G profile image61
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

Oh believe many of us wait. Why? God does not work on our time clock. He has his own. What he wants from us is to turn it all over to him . He wants us to trust him, count on him, believe he is taking care of it. God never is in a hurry, but he comes through just at the right time, every time. Who would know better but him! He has his reasons, who knows if we got our answer when we wanted it it may not have worked out as we can't see what lies ahead. THe hardest lesson I ever learned was that to worry about something I asked him to take care of is like saying, I don't believe or trust  you to take care of this. I struggle with it everyday.

11. profile image53
    montybcashposted 9 years ago

I know what you mean! I'm so sick of watching and hearing about everybody getting what I am praying for. I kid u not, I prayed for a job (putting in application after application), and guess who gets a  100k a year job, my best friend that never even prays to God. I pray for a car, guess who gets a new car, another friend of mine. I want money! I try to do what I can to make more and I say because I read something stating if u love money or boast about it etc.then your blessings are delayed. But yet God blessed rappers, and regular people with lots of money and they drive their fancy cars and boast about what they have through our speakers but yet it's a problem that I want to make more than 30k a year or its a problem that I want to be rich too. Somebody answer this: why is Jay z,  Donald trump, Beyonce, Peyton Manning, etc worthy of God's blessings but I'm not or you're not? And don't reply with bullshit, please think about that and respond. Seriously, I can't speak for you, but I work my ads off and continue to fail, and I get back up and keep striving toward my goals, why does God not want to help people that pray and try (not just pray and pray waiting on God to do all the work, I work my ass and give God glory everyday even though I feel like it's useless to pray because God is all powerful and he has obviously chosen people to have lots of cash to enjoy all his land meaning the don't have to sit up at night and wonder how they will make it financially or how they will be able to come out of property after everything
    They do fails. I'm barely holding on to God, but I'm holding on. And God if see this and see my tears that I am crying as I write this....where are you, won't you help me, my strength and faith has weakens greatly and I'm barely holding.

1. Bronterae profile image60
      Bronteraeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most of the time the thing you want the most will not be given to you, unless you stop wanting it.  If you get it you'll forget him.  And all this striving is just a symptom of your focus not being on him alone.  Your reward is in heaven, not here.

2. Ellana317 profile image69
      Ellana317posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Montybcash. I guess what I want to say most is that MANY of us have felt exactly how you feel.  It's not wrong to desire wealth ~ Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all of these thing will be added unto u.

3. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Bronterae-  amen, you understand scripture

12. profile image50
    lifeofpainposted 8 years ago

Its hard. I have gotten sick and depressed waiting on God's favor. I have prayed and waited faithfully for a long time. Every time I heard a sermon or read scripture or inspirational messages they all pertained to making my dreams come true which is a business for mentoring and special needs kids. The messages I knew were from God because it had everything I needed to hear about the business and warnings of people that I shouldn't work with and how to run a successful business. Then I started hearing and reading things that went against my dreams or what I thought my purpose was. I gave up cause I was sick and depressed from waiting. It was so painful to have faith and pray and nothing comes out of it. I gave up. I felt a lot better but the depression remained because its hard to believe I want to do something good something positive and I dont have the means to do so. I dont work but I want to. One of my kids is special needs and by having my own business Im able to work in that field and have him with me. I pray for friends, never had any. I pray for financial blessings. Nothing! Its not true for people to say life is what you make it or snap out of it. If that is the case no child would be without food. Innocent people wouldn't be getting killed. I feel like everybody around me is getting blessing after blessing but Im sitting here in misery. Maybe God answer is no. Im trying to live with it but its hard when ur heart want have a burning desire to do something good for everybody. I just have to believe He dont make mistakes. Its hard seeing the wicked continue to get rich. The thieves continuing to prosper. So many scandals, lie, deceit around the world are million and billionaires and enjoying everything life has to offer. I know im not perfect. I questioned God. But, Im trying again to believe He is real and can do all things.

1. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he is shaping you and whether you know or not, you are showing insight. Be patient. God loves you infinitely more than mom and dad. Be free of expectations. Serve for serving sake. Love for Love's sake.

13. krishna murti profile image60
    krishna murtiposted 8 years ago

The answer is "KARMA".
    Patience is indeed the purest prayer.

1. celafoe profile image55

this is Christianity are  NO SUCH THING AS karma here

14. roselinsojan profile image59
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

Be patient&wait. Yes,God will give you something better.

15. TeresaSears profile image60
    TeresaSearsposted 7 years ago

Wow, Just what I blogged on today! I could get really personal here but will avoid that. I have been involved in spiritual warfare for years as I pray for friends and family. This week I spoke with an old friend.  She had went through a series of discouragements, she had an affair while married and lost her husband to another woman as a result. She then  lost a high profile job ( in my thinking at least)  within a year of that.  I encouraged her to seek the Lord. While she was at the bottom she was open to seeking him, I could see her moving in that direction.  Now several years later, she has moved up to a much higher profile job, moved her teenager into the home of her boyfriend and living in a mini mansion. It was apparent after living in a small humble home the Lord was blessing her now and she was grateful for the way things turned around.  While I listened to her sharing.. I was saddened at the outcome of her trials. In the worlds view they are wonderful. Yet, I felt I had lost any gain of leading her to the Lord from the previous year. I was acutely aware that the enemy was on the sidelines smirking and could almost hear him as he cackled " you lose my dear".  She shared how her views on gay marriage had changed, and her relationship with God was right because he was blessing her and I had no need to be concerned.  Although, she didn't pursue our friendship in the weeks that followed, I thought of how blinded our world had become as world views are absorbed and Gods views are ignored. Drastically different.  Enough said. Thanks for allowing me to write on your blog title!

Blessings..

16. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

Hello Ellana I came across your article question. Very interesting and honest of ones feelings is certainly shared by others in how they may feel similar.
    I am considered a senior and in my life time I have notice that we as humans seem to want results right away, we want things done on comand when we ask. There is a scripture that says at Matthew 6:31-34
    31 So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to wear?’  32 For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you. 

Its very simple he already knows what we need. But are we putting his concerns first in Kingdom matters.
    Kingdom matters is how our prayers are answered.
    Prayer also could be answered in this is not the right job for you.
    There could be a staff or potential coworker that could be toxic to your presence.Simply not good for you.
    A decline in your request could very well be a blessing of protection.
    Remember we are living in the age of bullying in schools and in the work place. He could be sparing you.
    Think of it in a different way .
    And remember he is your Heavenly Father. Even though he is a Spiritual Father he is the greatest example of the word who will always have your interest at heart.
    Meantime learn more about him and his purpose its an endless education of knowledge jworg has alot young people can learn because he loves us all.

17. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 6 years ago

I suggest  you first read and study the scriptures .   The scriptures make it clear that what happens to others has nothing to do with us.    We either trust God and talk to Him about it  (and listen for the still small voice)
    From experience I can assure you as long as you compare yourself to others you will not get what you need.   You  need to be thanking God for what you do have and learning to be satisfied with it if you ever expect a change.
    what you desire may be the very thing that would destroy you.   Either we accept God knows best and do it ALL His way or we run in vain.
    It is hard for us humans to wait but we must learn to and to learn the lessons we need along the way.    We will not learn anything  with an improper attitude.
    While we complain, look at others and have a wrong attitude we will miss that still small voice sent to help us.   I know I have done it too many times but when we accept our situation and learn to be satisfied in whatever situation we are then after we forget about our desires  the miraculous ending that God wanted to give us all along appears.    and it will be different AND BETTER than what we had wished for.

Study scripture, thank God, become satisfied, let your desires die, learn how to listen to God, but most of all be satisfied for what you have.

18. HLKeeley profile image80
    HLKeeleyposted 6 years ago

I am just glad I am not alone feeling this. I also don't understand how those who have proclaimed not to believe in God or follow religion are being handed so much and throwing it away while I am fighting for a piece of it. They throw love away and I just want to catch it.

1. celafoe profile image55

satan gives his what the desire to keep them in bondage to him

19. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 years ago

This is a huge question to answer here and I can't except I would just like to mention these things, if I may.
    In hindsight....you can wait but getting the "message" may never arrive. I remember this female I worked with. She was a single mum and doing it very very tough. I never forget what she said to me one day. She said...talk..talk...talk... to EVERYONE you meet and tell them what is going on for you (or not going on for you). When you don't have any money, resources and are alone, you have one strength, one significant resource and that is your mouth, your speech, the conversations you have with others. She said, when you talk to others, you never know if that person can help you. It could be they could help you or know someone that can help you. This female I worked with could talk under water and sometimes I winced on her behalf at how personal she got. I kept thinking she is lucky she is telling me but what if she was talking with someone that was ill disposed towards her? What then? To me I guess you have trust your inner knowing of who to trust or not trust. And then? Talk...network...and yes, belonging to a herd, a group, there definitely is strength in numbers. So, belong to a group. Don't face life as a lone ranger.

20. ktsuda profile image54
    ktsudaposted 6 years ago

On the same boat. But I always remember and recite Philippians 4: 6-7 It always helps.The Word has power.

21. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 6 years ago

It has never been good to look at, or visualise living in someone else's shoes. You are a unique dream of God and will, or can only follow the path He set for you. Your friends path may be radically different.

It is also said that the good die young. There are no chances in God's world and not even a hair falls without the Father in heaven knowing. We are all reaping the effects of the cosmic law. Again, self-effort and Grace are twins. Keep trying.

How to remain patient? Feel that it is your duty to try, but that the results are in God's hands. How do you know that He is not preparing you for something better? Duty with detachment, is one of the Higher laws. It means to try your best, but leave the results to Him. Use also silent prayer and ask, not for a lighter burden, but for a stronger Heart. Much Love, Ellana.
    P.S Be careful that you do not lean too much on the outer blessings. The inner blessing is Peace. Two nights ago, I had such a profound inner experience. A glimpse of an inner experience, will want one to hold on to the Lord forever. Seek God and not His gifts. But yes, a job is necessary in modern life, not outer opulence, but a decent life. God bless your Heart.

22. LauraTallo profile image60
    LauraTalloposted 6 years ago

We go through seasons with the Lord. There is a time for everything. I wouldn't compare myself to others, but stay in God's word, spend time in prayer, and then network with people who could lead you to your job. What is that you want? What have you done to prepare yourself for that job? Does your resume reflect your level of expertise? Did you pray specifically?

23. Sean Dragon profile image71
    Sean Dragonposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, this is not God's failure but ours. So often we pass over His signs, and so we are losing the blessing that He put in our way. The way of our life has blinded our spiritual eyes so that we can't see that we are already blessed. So don't pray for ask, pray for thanks for what is already yours. So you will unblock the channels that will fill your life with miracles.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)