Social Work Helping Profession

1. profile image46
    emily1964posted 5 years ago

Social Work Helping Profession

Hi all
    Can any one, tell me about your worldviews of Social Work Helping Profession??

2. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

I know they are overworked, under staffed and overwhelmed which is why in far to many cases the system fails.

3. Lisas-thoughts101 profile image60
    Lisas-thoughts101posted 5 years ago

I will have my master's in Counseling Psychology in 9 hours.  I can see how it is just not a science regardless of how much some people want it to be one. It isn't about taking a pill. There are some very wounded people who have no concept of their personal power. Teaching these people they have a yes, a no, and that they matter, that they can get a job, maintain a home, just some of the very basics of life, is so major.  And mental illness is so pervasive. It is much more prevalent than I believe many people realize. It is at the root, I believe, of the huge homeless problem in this country. I realize alcohol and drug abuse are right there but in many cases mentally ill people self medicate. There are just no easy answers. One life at a time. One accomplishment at a time. One prayer at a time.