jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you like or hate a person at first sight? If so - Why?

1. Vellur profile image89
    Vellurposted 5 years ago

Do you like or hate a person at first sight? If so - Why?

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 5 years ago

I would not know why anyone would hate at first site unless there is something inside them that is not right, prejudices, unresolved anger, or malice.

3. Don Crowson profile image75
    Don Crowsonposted 5 years ago

Many years ago, I read a survey that concluded that of every ten pople you meet for the first time:  One will immediately like you, one will immediately dislike you, and the rest will wait for your relationship to develope.  I use the term "dislike" rather than "hate" because hatew is for racists and emotionally unstable people.

But if you observe the term from the Bible, hate is translated from a wrod that meants to love less.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

I must admit there have been a small number of people over the course of my lifetime that have really tried my ability to like them at first sight. Luckily, I did not have to remain in close contact with those folks. In our youth, we are quick to judge on appearance. I think that changes somewhat with age and we start looking more at the inner-person as opposed to the outer one. Hopefully, in doing so, we find things that align themselves with our own mind and emotions...we find the person more dimensional than they might first appear. WB

5. Joan King profile image73
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

No. I can't recall ever hating a person at first sight. I may dislike that person because of a rude act to bad behaviour, but it certainly wasn't hate. I agree with Sunnie Day, hate is more a reflection of a personal or emotional flaw that has little to do with the other person.

6. Vegas Elias profile image30
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Actually liking or hating a person at first sight is immature to say the least. It takes lot of time to understand a person and vibe with him or her.