What three things could be done to restore the United States to greatness?
What three things do you think could be done to restore the United States and to restore the American Dream. Why not share your ideals with all of us.
Remove the Fed and repeal the 16th and 17th Amendment. It would restore the proper power structure in the country with proper checks and balances, it would cut of the constant stream of money going into the government, and it would remove the economic control that the fed has attempting to something that is impossible, curb economic risk.
Also, remove any and all departments, or the power granted to them, to do matters that don't reside within the elected officials of the country. When ever these Departments are used to by pass the power that resides with in the congress, simply put, we don't live in a republic, and we haven't lived in one for a while now.
Destroy the Democratic Party, eliminate a lot of federal agencies and have their tasks handled by the respective states, reduce the corporate tax to 15%.
Stop giving money to the States that are so poorly run that they cost the country a lot more than they bring in these are: Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Kentucky, Idaho, Arizona and Maine. Huh, all Red states....
http://images.alternet.org/images/manag … lfinal.png
Tax more from those making huge incomes and use that money to build infrastructure and support American manufacture (basically bring the factories back).
Raise the minimum wage so that people who work full time can make a decent living and support a family.
1. Make it a felony with minimum 5 years in prison for politicians to make false campaign promises.
2. Make it a felony with minimum 10 years in prison for a politician to lie to the public, take bribes, cut deals with lobbyists, insider trading, or introduce pork into a bill.
3. Make it a felony with life in prison for any politician to say anything negative against any other politician, unless it is to point out violations of 1 or 2 above.
If these could be done, everything else will work itself out.
My opinion? We should start back where things actually started falling down hill. Anyone who tracked history knows that this was with the Signing on of NATO. Some believe we run NATO but the run us, and they have for almost 100 years now. We start by going back that far and refusing to sign on with them. From there, everything would work itself out. At least, I think it would.
three things wouldn't be enough but it would help. first get rid of your current leaders in government and i don't mean your president but rather all the power people.
start standing up for yourselves again instead of letting your government do everything and thirdly, stop trying to rule the world as your politicians see fit.
1) Federal sales/consumption tax - eliminate the income tax and install a flat sales tax with no exceptions. Fair to everyone, no more "income brackets".
2) A balanced budget - primarily to reduce the entitlement of our nation and get people back to work. Paying for healthcare for everyone is going to bankrupt this country. Use in conjunction with step 1 and we might even have a surplus that we can work with.
3) Get out of foreign nations - leave the Middle East, including Israel and Iran. We have enough problems here, that our $600B+ annually is getting out of hand. Cut that in half and focus on "defense", you know, because it's Department of Defense, not Department of War.
by Kimberly Vaughn4 years ago
If you woke up as The President of the United States, what is the first thing you would do?
by Grace Marguerite Williams6 months ago
What are the positive things that President Trump has done for the United States?
by pisean2823117 years ago
If you were obama..what are three things you would have done for economy ,innovation and jobs?
by Sychophantastic4 years ago
If you had to elect a non-politician to be President of the United States, who would it be?You can select anyone who hasn't held political office.
by Thomas Byers4 years ago
Minimum Wage Needs To Go Up To A Fair Wage And The Rich Should Pay Their Fair Share Of TaxesThe wealthy should have to pay their fair share of taxes but this just isn't happening. I've never understood why it isn't set...
by Daniel J. Neumann7 years ago
If you ruled the world, what three things would you change?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.