jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are there facts that indicate there are more men than women?

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Are there facts that indicate there are more men than women?

Is it a mere allegation?

2. d.william profile image62
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

You have it backwards.  There are more women than men according to the world census figures.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

When I was at university back in the mid 70s there was a little statistic that read, to acheive only zero growth rate in the human population, for every 100 females of child bearing age, they need to produce 107 daughters, there was no information on the amount of sons they need to produce.
    That statistic was offered by feminists to 'prove' that women were more essential to humanty's survival, whether it it is true, or gives that proof, or suggests that there are more females or not, I don't know, but it looks that way.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

For years I have been hearing that there are more women in the world than men. I think a check of census records in countries that keep such things, and a look at the birth rates would probably prove that point.

If that does not work, there is the old Jan and Dean song that promised "two girls for every boy."

That is from the 60s for those of you who came along later.

5. flashmakeit profile image68
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

This web site may prove that there are more men than women under the age of 65.
    http://www.indexmundi.com/world/demogra … ofile.html
    Do not forget that China one of the top ten most populous countries has more men than women.

1. Anjili profile image81
      Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link on demographics of the greater world.

working