jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

Are there more men or women on HubPages?

1. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 5 years ago

Are there more men or women on HubPages?

My guess is that there are more women. What do you think? How can we find out?

2. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

In my own experience there are more men in the HubPages which does not mean that women are back in their own contributions.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I see a pretty good blend, but I do think women may slightly outnumber men on here.

4. spoonage profile image60
    spoonageposted 5 years ago

I tend to believe there are more women, but this just may vary based on the category of the hubs that I'm most often exposed to. From what I've seen, some of the most popular hubs are based in realms that are traditionally considered feminine: relationships, cooking, fashion, decorating, education. With that said, I've seen plenty of men on here, and I don't imagine the balance is much more than 60/40 or so in favor of women. Of course, 72% of statistics are made up...

5. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I think there are more men...but the women in general are more active in forums and questions so they are move visible..

Sue Adamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point Msorensson.

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I once read somewhere that there were more females than males.

1. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
      Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In the overall world, yes! smile

7. articlesocean profile image62
    articlesoceanposted 5 years ago

I have seen more women here on Hubpages.

8. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

I don't know the exact statistics, neither do I know any precise method to find out this.

However, I do believe that there are more women (by a distance) than men on Hubpages.

9. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

It is hard to say. Almost everyone is in costume at this masquerade flea market.

10. daskittlez69 profile image78
    daskittlez69posted 5 years ago

I would say there are more women than man on here.  I could be wrong though.

11. Ron Hawkster profile image60
    Ron Hawksterposted 5 years ago

There are more people than either men or women.

Sue Adamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

12. Greekgeek profile image95
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Quantcast measures slightly more women than men:

Alexa seems to agree with Quantcast, although it puts the ratio a little more towards the "women" side of the equation:

I suspect their figures are estimates made by measuring audience behavior on the whole site, but they are both well-respected industry sites used by businesses to determine marketing and seo strategies, so I assume they're fairly on-target.

(Quantcast gathers a lot of info from 1x1 pixel images embedded on every page of Hubpages and other websites that have volunteered to host the image in exchange for the user data collected. Whenever that image is loaded, Quantcast can pick up basic browser info and IP numbers about that browsing session and build up a composite picture of user behavior. I'm not sure how Alexa gets its data, but "alexa rating" is a standard rating for websites.)