jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Why Are Most Anti-Abortion Organizations Run By Men?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

Why Are Most Anti-Abortion Organizations Run By Men?

From the church to Congress and the Supreme Court, most anti-abortion advocates are men. Just today the woman who represents D.C. in Congress, Eleanor Norton, was not allowed to testify on a bill that would change the abortion regulations in her district. The man in charge said, "No." He only allowed men to spaek.

2. aethelthryth profile image93
    aethelthrythposted 5 years ago

As far as I've noticed, Congress and the Supreme Court are pro-abortion. Who passed Roe v. Wade?  And it totally depends which church you are talking about. 

Offhand, all but one of the pro-life organizations I can think of are run by women.  Also most of the passionate pro-lifers I know are women.  That's because we are the ones who can feel how alive the baby is before it is born.

Go see who is protesting at abortion clinics and who is at pro-life rallies, including the March for Life that is huge and is yearly ignored by the major media. You will notice mainly women. 

I am a woman, by the way.  I think I know something about what women think, that a man wouldn't.

I don't happen to have read today's news, but nobody in today's world could keep a woman from speaking because she was a woman.  He would be sued, fired, and hounded out of office.  I somehow suspect there is more to the story than you mention.

Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the Republican chiarmen of both the female contraception hearing and the anti-abortion hearing concerning Washington D.C.'s poor women excluded females from the proceedings. It is legal because Congress is not governed by it's own laws.

2. feenix profile image60
      feenixposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dr. Kidd, can you refer me to documentation of the Republicans' exclusion of females from the female-contraception and D.C. abortion hearings?

3. MikeSyrSutton profile image68
      MikeSyrSuttonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No way will he be able to back up this claim. "Dr. Billy" doesn't back up any of his statements!

3. Man from Modesto profile image83
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

I expect it is because most organizations in general are run by men. I believe that the Dems waited to the last minute to put up some women to speak- at a too-late date when ANYONE would have been denied... then used the fact the women were denied to accuse the GOP of being a boys' club.

Both sides do that ... it is all theater for the masses.

Both parties are aligned and run the same agenda. Anyone who gets caught up and makes the theater-arguments their own has lost the game. They promote the work of the machine... they have become tools.

4. MikeSyrSutton profile image68
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 5 years ago

Actually many women ARE talking leadership roles in this movement. People are waking up to the fact that a heart starts to beat at 2 weeks and that baby is as alive as I am. This is not about women's rights and trying to invade them, it is about ending the most evil act in our world! How can anyone feel a baby kick and sqrirm inside themselves and then let a Dr. jam a sharpe piece of steel through it's skull? Our society is perverted and selfish beyond belief!
      It should be Black America leading the charge against abortion! here is why...http://mikesyrsutton.hubpages.com/hub/Racism-and-the-Left-Wing-in-America

5. Keith Engel profile image78
    Keith Engelposted 5 years ago

Screw it, I am just going to write two hubs about this matter. One I already had written and was ready to publish until due to the nature of the hub it wouldn't have any ads for said hub, hopefully a rewrite of this will help. I am growing tired of this false narrative that continually get portrayed about men, repression, and them trying to control women, as well as the narrative behind "reproductive rights."

Yet, I will add to this really quick, unless otherwise homosexual, who defines what attracts members to the other sex? Each of the sexes define the other, there is no way getting around this as much as some might like to think otherwise because this occurs both at a natural biological chemical level and as well as on an intellectual and emotional level. I wonder if women who think that "men are trying to control women" ever thought in the opposite direction of "women who are trying to control men" and how a man might feel about this so called dialogue in the opposite direction.

That is quite insightful, that each sex defines the other!

2. Keith Engel profile image78
      Keith Engelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here read what another Dr. Had to say on the matter.

http://doctorlisalove.wordpress.com/201 … women-men/

6. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

In a marriage or relationship, the man has no legal right in the decision whether to abort a child or not. It is 100% up to the woman. Therefore, many of these men are active in the issue of anti-abortion because they feel if they have no right in that decision, neither should the woman.
         I understand that the woman is physically carrying a baby, and she has the right to decide what she does with her body. But in many situations, a man's feelings mean absolutely nothing. That's wrong. I know there are exceptions such as rape, incest, etc. but that is a very small percent of abortions.
        When a man took part in the creation of a pregnancy, and has nothing to say about the termination of it, You get men anti-abortion activists.

That's probably the best explanation I've heard. Thanks.

2. DeanCash profile image60
      DeanCashposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe that, but man's feelings do mean something it's just men don't expressed them too well.

3. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dr and Dean, but men's feelings may mean something to you and me, but they mean nothing to the legal system. I appreciate your kindness.

7. Sheepsquatch profile image62
    Sheepsquatchposted 5 years ago

Most men I know are not nearly as vocal as woman. It is something that affects both sexes extremely, but men seem to want to leave the decision to women in many cases.

working