jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

'Intrade' gives Obama a 54.5% chance of reelection in 2012, do you agree?

1. Anishpat profile image81
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

'Intrade' gives Obama a 54.5% chance of reelection in 2012, do you agree?

2. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

His odds went up this morning. The Supreme Court has taken wind out of his opponents' sails. I'd guess Intrade's rating will rise over the next week.

1. Anishpat profile image81
      Anishpatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's 55.1% now

3. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

No doubt in my mind, that President Obama will have another term as President.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Obama seems to be the least worst, so I think he has a fair shot at it. Better than Romney does.

5. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I think these chances seem about right. There are a number of people that I know who feel that anything is better than Romney and vice-versa. I just hope these people vote on the issues and set party lines aside.

6. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

Personally, I don't have much faith in percentages and focus groups projecting a winner in the November election. The obscene amount of money that is and will continue to flow into this presidential race may, in fact, sway many people to vote for the guy with the most face time on TV. There will undoubtedly be the repetitive drumbeat of falsehoods, innuendos, fear and scare tactics. The mere thought of over $1 billion being spent on this presidential election nauseates me.

1. Attikos profile image78
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The more sickening point to me is that both sides are harping on their innocence by accusing the other of the corrupt moneybagging and declaring they have no choice but to do it themselves in order to compete. The hypocrisy of the parties is amazing.

7. Dennis AuBuchon profile image84
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 5 years ago

I have not heard of intrade but I do not put much faith in election statistics.  I feel at this point it is too early to tell who will be elected in November.  I respect the Supreme Court and what they stand for but it is always the voters who will have the last say.  The election results in November will tell if Americans agree with the decision of the court.  Those we elect in November will have an impact on this law as it goes forward.  Just because a law is declared Constitutional it does not mean the right decisions have been made.  Like most Americans I feel there are parts of the law which make sense and parts that do not.