jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Who Is Your Favorite US President Of All Time?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

Who Is Your Favorite US President Of All Time?

Mine was John F. Kennedy. I think the USA would be a far differn't country today if John F Kennedy had not been assassinated. Just think if both the Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King had not been killed. I think the USA would be a far different country today. Who was your favorite president of all time.

What do you think. Why not tell us all about it.

2. Josak profile image62
    Josakposted 5 years ago

Without a doubt FDR because he did more for the poor and down trodden than any other president he also had economic success and Eleanor was probably the best first lady we have ever had. He unified the country, North and South and played an important role in the defeat of Nazism. How successful he was is demonstrated by the fact that he is the second most popular president in American history amongst Liberals but also the third most popular amongst conservatives, that is amazing display of bi-partisan support.

Followed by Kennedy.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
      crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would have to say FDR is probably the favorite of a lot of people. He was the only US president elected four terms.

3. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

I am with you on this one Josak. I agree. We mustn't forget that he was from the elite, what is more admirable!

4. William F. Torpey profile image77
    William F. Torpeyposted 5 years ago

While I loved both Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy, I rate Harry Truman as the best president we ever had. Roosevelt's New Deal, including Social Security, took us out of the depression and his lend-lease assistance to Great Britain in the face of conservative opposition to getting involved in "Europe's wars" were huge accomplishments. Kennedy truly created a Camelot spirit in America through his brilliant and frequent press conferences and international travel. Truman, however, faced one of the most difficult periods in American history and probably made more decisions on critical issues than any other president ever. He had to handle the waning days of WW II, including his decision to save lives by using the atomic bomb, the Truman Doctrine, the Marshall Plan and his conduct of the Cold War against the Soviet Union and the Korean War. Truman's personality and integrity was unmatched by any president.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image63
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Truman is one of my favorites also. My mother was born down the street from Truman in Independence. However, I agree with the historians that Lincoln was the greatest American president.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

My favorite president .....it's hard to pick just one, but I guess I will say Abraham Lincoln. President Kennedy was supposed have been a wonderful president who many loved....I know my parents loved him and my mom loved Ronald Reagan too.

6. pramodgokhale profile image48
    pramodgokhaleposted 5 years ago

I am an Indian and have had affectionate to President late John. F. Kennedy,
    most dare devil and dynamic president of 20 Th century USA produced. The promoter of Manned Moon Mission. stood against USSR during Cuban crisis.
    He helped India by food and economic aid and China war  supported and supplied arms.
    There are after no American president was close to India.
    this is personal opinion.