jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have we always blamed one president for all the country's problems for years?

1. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Have we always blamed one president for all the country's problems for years?

Since I am not old enough to remember much before Clinton, have we as a country always done this blaming thing or is this blame one president for all the world's problems new? I mean at what point do you start blaming something else? And does it really make any sense to blame Bush (or any president) for so much when they have so little power?

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

There's nothing new about it, though Obama has taken it to a new level. Clinton blamed Bush the Elder for everything for six months, then grew up. Franklin Roosevelt blamed everything on Herbert Hoover, but never grew up. None of whom I know, however, has been so systematic and whiny about it as the current prez. But, then, none of whom I know has been so incompetent and screwed up so badly as the current prez, so I guess he has nothing else on which to cast blame.

Oh, sorry, I forgot the "Republican congress," though only half the congress is Republican, and he got everything he asked for for two years anyway. He blames that, too.

3. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

As long as I can remember (back to Nixon)it has been going on. But It seems like it's reached ridiculous levels over the past 3 administrations

4. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago

People have always gravitated toward simplistic explanations, particularly when they are a devoted member of one political party or the other. And presidents tend to be the easiest targets, particularly in a country where people are so notoriously ignorant. But because of all the noise made by blogs and 24-hour news sites, it probably seems even worse than in the past.

5. newcalendar profile image69
    newcalendarposted 5 years ago

To be fair it's not just America, I live In Britain and everyone blames all the past leaders for everything with the sole exception of party fanatics. I think it's just human nature really.

6. umeraziz profile image34
    umerazizposted 5 years ago

presidents are head of states and responsible for international relationships.. obama has poor policy regarding war in afghan( killing only childern and women) attacking drones in pakistan territories as well..american government should stop all this and make some policies to get rid of 75 trillion dollar debt..

every day american soldiers are getting killed in iraq and afgnanistan for what... ? these countries are not at all threat to america.. afganis live in caves and know to manufacture only ak47..
    i dont know where is threat..?

7. Josh Bell profile image56
    Josh Bellposted 5 years ago

Congress is who writes and enacts new laws. If people don't like the laws of the land, they should be writing to their congressmen about it in order to try to get something done about it. Instead, people would rather sit around and blame the President and do nothing else. That's not to say that the President is without fault or blame. However, the people are at fault too considering 90% or more of the public will complain without doing anything to better the situation.

working