jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What countries have legalized drugs?

1. profile image74
    Education Answerposted 5 years ago

What countries have legalized drugs?

Do these countries tax drugs?  Are these countries full of drug abusers?

2. Brett Winn profile image87
    Brett Winnposted 5 years ago

Unclear. But I wish the USA were one of them! We spend WAY too much money making criminals out of people who are not. For the record, I do NO illegal drugs.

3. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 5 years ago

Portugal is the only country I know of that has completely legalized drugs.  I believe Switzerland and Holland have experimented with various degrees of drug legalization at times, and have made some drugs illegal again.

It is very ironic that a terribly destructive and damaging drug (when misused) known as alcohol is legal while a some others that may actually be less destructive and damaging than alcohol are illegal.  A lot of it has to do with what big business wants.

4. profile image0
    WhydThatHappenposted 5 years ago

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 … -portugal/

Can anyone argue with these results? Has anyone's faith in humanity dropped so far as that?

5. LeanMan profile image88
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Every country legalizes various drugs, you can buy alcohol and nicotine in most countries. In many countries these are heavily taxed but still cost society far more than is raised from the taxes.
    There are also many abusers!

There are many drugs freely available in most countries that are addictive and have their abusers.