How would you Sell Obama and Romney if you were Campaign Manager?
If you were Campaign Manager for Romney how would you sell him to the American voter? What would be your arguments? What about President Obama, how would you sell him? List 5 best arguments for both.
I would tell Obama to let his academic image go; to relax and smile more. I would tell him to stop saying "I" so much and start saying "we". And then I would tell him to talk about his agenda for four more years and to explain how he hopes to move forward.
I would tell Romney to walk away and come back when he has discovered some humility. Sorry, can't come up with five things for Romney.
I was about to say ship them out and start over, but it appears you beat me to the punch.
Chinese slave laborers aren't allowed to be president of the U.S.
I'd sell Obama (for a pittance) to the first buyer who came along and I'd keep Romney because I can get 4 good years out of him, maybe 8. See I'm looking "FORWARD".
I'm not even going to try to answer this question because I couldn't possibly come up with an answer better than yours.
If "doubling down on trickle down" is looking forward...
Looking foward with distorted vision, in my opinion.
I would sell them both, off the sale rack, marked CLEARANCE, no guarantee, no return.......Buy one get one half price. ( No gift wrapping on sale items)
Romney is hard to sell, because there isn't much good about him. Also, the way I would attempt to sell him wouldn't be how his political handlers do. I am a liberal, but I will do my best to make a mock campaign strategy.
1) Bain business experience. I would tell Romney to focus on his experience as a CEO. He could claim he reached the highest position in the private sector, and it was not by accident. It gave him understanding in what companies need to be successful.
2) Massachusetts Governor. He could claim he was elected as a Republican, and still was able to govern without gridlock. This shows he can reach across the aisle. Throw in the Olympics here also.
3) Moderate (I wouldn't make him become a social bigot, but this also assumes he is past the primaries, which I am completely ignoring). Romney could say he was in favor of gay marriage and a woman's right to choose, along with curbing carbon emissions RESPONSIBLY, thereby bucking GOP orthodoxy, but showing independent voters he is not a partisan ideologue.
4) Being wealthy. He is a great position to explain just how much of a tax burden the rich have to pay. He could use his tax returns as an example of everything that is wrong with America, and call for lower taxes on ALL. His budget plan would need to be framed as creating private sector opportunities, rather than firing government employees (he may be susceptible to attacks here because of his gaffe about liking to fire people).
5) Social work. Romney should highlight any kind of charity work he did while on his Mormon mission, along with anything done recently (this would be done by operatives, not Romney himself, to avoid looking conceited).
Take it for what it's worth, which may not be much!
by Dr Billy Kidd 6 years ago
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said last week that Obama has a secret agenda for his second term. I'm wondering what that is. Romney did not say. Or is this the old psychological trick of projecting your fault on the other guy. Is it Mitt who has the secret agenda? I surely don't know. Perhaps,...
by Thomas Byers 4 years ago
What do you think about President Obama so far?People blame the President when the US Congress that is controlled by the Republicans is really screwing over America. How anyone could support the so called Tea Party is beyond me. They really don't care about the average American. They are only...
by David 5 years ago
Why did Mitt Romney lose the election?Why do you think he lost? Was it his policies, VP, Sandy or???Let's please keep this political and not get into name calling or other non-productive things.
by Holle Abee 6 years ago
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 24916.htmlMan, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black! What about Obama's donors and bundlers? I really thought Obama was above something like this.
by Alexander A. Villarasa 5 years ago
The two recent Presidential and one vice-presidential debates have made it abundantly clear that Obama and Biden can not defend their indefensible 4 year record of bad economic and domestic/foreign policies. They have been, during those debates, grasping at false narratives made more...
by Dr Billy Kidd 6 years ago
Turns out that Romney showed the press a partial tax statement for 2010. It was discovered thereafter that a significan section of his tax form is missing. That part, by law, tells what the overseas investments do. For example, does Romney's company in the Cayman Island hold controllling stock in a...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|