What is the role of the American Government?

1. poetvix profile image70
    poetvixposted 5 years ago

What is the role of the American Government?

What do you think it is?  How do you know?  Is your answer based in verified, documented fact or does it come from your heart, what you know to be right?  After considering and stating what you think it is, please, state further what you think it should be and why.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7139237_f260.jpg

2. The Frog Prince profile image79
    The Frog Princeposted 5 years ago

The primary role of the federal government is the defense of our nation.  How do I know that?  Because I have read the US Constitution.  Secondary roles are found in the enumerated powers.  How do I know that?  Because I've read the US Consitution.  The US Constitution specifically spells it out and all other power is delegated to the states and the people. 

The Bill of Rights tells us many things about what the US government cannot do.  Same with the body of the Constitution.  The founders weren't concenred with having, nor wanting, a powerful central government.  It specifically says "limited" federal government.  Now we see what we see becuase We, the People have let these corrupt pick pockets we call politicians try to make the US Constitution irrelevant.  Folks that comes at the expense of the citzens and our continued freedoms.

The Frog

working