jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If someone in your family died of a sudden and tragic death would you post it on

1. krsharp05 profile image93
    krsharp05posted 5 years ago

If someone in your family died of a sudden and tragic death would you post it on Facebook?

When something traumatic happens such as a death in the family, do you prefer to mourn privately or do you feel that it's appropriate to post it on Facebook?

2. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 5 years ago

I will not post it on facebook except of course if the person is public figure and the kind of death or killing needs public awareness for security purpose or just to raise an alarm.

You never can tell, the killer might be looking for more meat to consume.

3. BuffyGirl profile image79
    BuffyGirlposted 5 years ago

Everyone mourns differently. I don't feel it's inappropriate but personally I wouldn't want to post it since I prefer to mourn privately. There are many reasons to post though....to gain needed sympathy and support, to memorialize the loved one, to help oneself to accept it and other reasons. Also, it can help others who have experienced traumatic loss to relate and not feel alone in what they're going through.

Anyone posting should be careful though not to post too much personal info and consider also that there are trolls who enjoy posting mean replies.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Absolutely not.  Why in the world would someone want to post something like this for public consumption!  The death of a loved one is a very personal, private matter and should be kept that way out of respect to the deceased.

5. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I wouldn't even consider posting it there.

6. Ellandriel profile image73
    Ellandrielposted 5 years ago

My last though was to go online, f*** the computer and all that, i would be washed in tears!

7. DenisesArt profile image59
    DenisesArtposted 5 years ago

This is a pet peeve of mine! We live 2000 miles from our core family and twice in the last year we found out about a death in the family through Facebook; my father-in-law and a brother-in-law. Because of the time difference, we hadn't been called yet the twenty-ish members got on their smart phones within minutes of the death.

Even the news services respect family privacy; it would be nice if our technology addicted family members would too. There should be some etiquette regarding social media and this tops the list.

8. austinhealy profile image72
    austinhealyposted 5 years ago

Only if I were an insensitive idiot. Absolutely not. Never ! In my opinion, there is nothing more private than mourning the passing of a loved one. But everything is possible !