jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do the cable news channels seem like nothing more than huge Super Pacs?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Do the cable news channels seem like nothing more than huge Super Pacs?

To me, the debates are nothing more than a 1 1/2 hr. summation of the spin put on news channels 24/7. An unbias, factual opinion is non-existent.

2. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

C-SPAN does pretty well at honest reporting of federal issues. 80% of the broadcast media, including CPB and related operations, constitute the progressives' propaganda ministry. Fox and most of talk radio are the conservatives'. The surprise is that there are still people who expect the press to do its theoretical job of providing news to the public rather than its actual one of shaping public opinion. It has been so deeply into the latter for longer than most of us have been alive it has forgotten how to do journalism.

3. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

I tend to agree with Attikos. CSpan is probably the most fair and unbiased channel to watch. Let's face it FOX and MSNBC make no bones about their political loyalties, so it isn't  a surprise when they skew news to fit their viewpoint. CNN and Wolf Blitzer appear to be moving toward the right. Then there are the other 3 major networks who may spin something one way on Tuesday and then spin it another way on Wednesday. With them it is a ratings game, but they sure do know how to beat a dead horse into the ground.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you both. C-Span is the best way.  It is extremely dry and very boring, but if I want facts, that's what I should watch. I'm guilty and shouldn't complain, I know, If I required all facts, I wouldn't be on Hubpages. Thanks you guys.