jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Would you rather have Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones narrate your life, and

1. benisan85745 profile image60
    benisan85745posted 5 years ago

Would you rather have Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones narrate your life, and why?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

What an odd question....    smile       However, now that you mention it, I guess Morgan Freeman would seem more appropriate to me.  Why?  Because - I guess - my life is more suitable to a Morgan Freeman kind of voice than to a James Earl Jones kind of voice.   smile

3. rfmoran profile image88
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

Totally James Earl Jones. He is the voice of America. Only James could make my prosaic life dramatic. Go Darth!

4. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

Morgan Freeman, because he has humanity in his voice, every word he speaks leaves an echo in the heart.

benisan85745posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you put it best...an "echo". I like that.

5. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Morgan Freeman for me  hes just so real !  Both of them excellent narrators !

1. ahorseback profile image77
      ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

i have heard Meryll Streep narrate too , shes perfect ! And I love her !

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Two excellent narrators. This is a very tough question to answer. If I had to choose one, it would have to be the famous voice of Darth Vader. His deep, emotional voice is like that of no other.

7. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

Even though both have beautiful voices I would have to choose Morgan Freeman he speaks to the heart.

8. LandmarkWealth profile image82
    LandmarkWealthposted 5 years ago

Neither...I prefer Liev Schreiber.  Who is that you might ask ??? Boxing fans would know him as the narrator of the HBO 24/7 series.  Even if you hate sports...Nobody builds the drama better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90DoYtN3rI

benisan85745posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My man LandmarkWealth, in a world of Pepsi & Coke, you chose RC. Liev Schreiber yes is good, but if you pay attention he lacks what the choices have, a sound of...je ne sais quoi (to be a d*ck about it). To me Liev just enunciates well. Good choi

2. LandmarkWealth profile image82
      LandmarkWealthposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To each his own...Maybe I am biased as a die hard fight fan.  But I love him on 24/7

9. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 5 years ago

JEJ. The voice man, the voice.

10. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Love both voices, but it would be Morgan Freeman for me.  James Earl Jones has a more dramatic tone, and my life is pretty casual.

11. Slices of Life profile image70
    Slices of Lifeposted 5 years ago

Morgan Freeman. He has a very clear and coherent voice with a little bit of flair added in. Not saying anything bad about James Earl Jones, he too has a very distinguished voice and if my life was more Shakespearean, then it would be James. But since it's not, I have to go with Morgan.

12. benisan85745 profile image60
    benisan85745posted 5 years ago

Morgan Freeman I enjoyed very much growing up and seeing him on the Children's Television Workshop show "Electric Company". Two roles he made famous was his Count Dracula (he made vampires cool before Twilight), and Mel Mounds, a DJ on the show.
    James Earl Jones, also great in his methods, but just a bit to "Shakespearean" for my taste, his role as Darth Vader, yes, is one to be reckoned with, but what many do not know about him, is that he still stutters.
    Thanks for playing along folks.

working