Would you have a chip implant if it meant that you would not have to carry cards

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image65
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 11 years ago

Would you have a chip implant if it meant that you would not have to carry cards or ID

The government is talking about doing away with paper money.  People are using credit and debit cards now.  The world is quckly becoming a cashless society.  RFID chips are available for human use and can easily track financial transactions as well as movement of goods, people and health.  Would you consider an RFID chip implant for the convience and security of your wealth, health and Identity

2. DreamerMeg profile image80
    DreamerMegposted 11 years ago

No. It could also track your whereabouts. It's already possible for hackers to check out the GPS of photographs you have taken. Hackers could get into the information on the chip and see where you are and therefore that you aren't at home - handy if they want to burgle you.

I don't agree with the government doing away with paper money. First, people are already getting into 2 much debt with the hole in the wall mentality. When you have cash, you can see it go down and check your spending. The banks just want to encourage people to spend more and pay interest on it for the privilege!

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If we go to a cashless society, the government and bankers would have complete control of the masses. Your money would no longer be your own and you will be at their mercy. All they have to do is "red flag" your account for any reason and you're done

3. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't consider the chip. It would have to be installed, which I hate any procedure. For my identity, anyone could brush my shoulder and have information on where I live, my bank information, and I wouldn't be able to do much but close the entire account. Honestly, I still use cash, quite often. So I hope that doesn't happen in my life time. Especially since they could also put a tracker in there. My cell phone is bad enough.

1. profile image0

"I wouldn't consider the chip..." - good girl. :0)

4. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 11 years ago

Just wait until the government starts putting a kill switch into the RFID chip as it already is doing with cars, utilities systems and communications networks, then ask this question again. Until that happens, most people will follow along bleating behind their shepherds, oblivious to the danger.

1. profile image0

Right on, Attikos!!!

5. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 11 years ago

No! I am a fairly trusting person but I am not willing to trust any government and entity to that degree even though my apprehension might be futile. Technology is advancing at such a rate I am sure they will have some other method to keep track of us without inserting a foreign object.

6. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 11 years ago

Absolutely not!....I use cash as much as possible and I want to continue doing so.
    I don't trust it....won't do it!

1. profile image0

You are wise not to put your trust in the government or in bankers. :0)

7. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

No...never.

Allowing them to chip you is tantamount to branding you...you will become a piece of property...a slave. The government and the bankers would have total control of your money (and your life). If, at any time, you step out of line, you could find your bank account "red flagged" and you will not be able to access your account or engage in any transactions.

Do you think a tiny inconvenience such as carrying I.D. is worth those possibilities?

1. profile image0
      oceansiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you C.J.!!!

2. profile image0

They say, "Behind every good man is a good woman", so I am thankful that you have my back. :0)

8. profile image70
    grumpiornotposted 11 years ago

Never thought about this before... brilliant question!

Now that you mention it, the tracking of personal movement concerns me and does not appeal. I have nothing to hide but grew up in apartheid South Africa where the movement of black people was strictly controlled and monitored by the government. It seemed a disgusting idea then and is a disgusting idea now.

I use my bank cards, but like to think that I choose to use them. That might be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't like the idea of people being able to monitor/control the movement of others.

1. profile image0

Right on!!!

9. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

No!

This is another step toward greater tyranny.

This "mark of the beast" was foretold nearly 2000 years ago -- Revelation 13.

And the "beast?" Rockefeller and Rothschild greed and lust for power. Pure ego.

If you're ever caught by authorities (tracking your RFID chip) going some place associated with people critical of the government, they could easily turn off your chip and you have nothing. If you protest, you become part of the problem. Could the chips also have arsenic built into them to terminate those who become too much trouble? Instant execution? And what if there is ever a bug in their software? Oops! You can't undo such action.

Those who take the mark of the beast are automatically condemned. At best, it's a form of nicely packaged slavery.

But they'll be adding a chip to your passport and possibly other identification. I don't want Uncle Sammy tracking me.

10. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 10 years ago

absolutely not,never accept to be tracked... I am already sorry for cattle, so...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)