This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Did you make New Years Resolutions or a 2113 Financial Battle Plan

1. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

Did you make New Years Resolutions or a 2113 Financial Battle Plan

With the idiots in Congress lying randomly at the bottom of their self-made "Cliff" and with the problems facing our economy unnmanaged, did you just decide to ride the tilde, so to speak, or did you decide, like so many investors today to set up your own financial battle plan of survival?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7475888_f260.jpg

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

I made neither.  In order to make a battleplan one needs to know what to anticipate.  With Obama in office and that screwball Reid blockading the Senate, how can we anticipate anything.  Obviously, the long term plan is to break the back and the will of the middle-income wage earner....the true backbone of America.  One cannot take over the nation with breaking that will and removing a goodly portion of the guns.  Obama cares nothing for the people or the welfare of this nation in its present form and thus only desires to destroy it piece by piece.  The American people have handed him a four year extension on that contract.  All I can say is "Hang On!" ~WB

Don Bobbittposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well said, agian, Wayne.
      I, myself, am looking at my "now meager" savings and am trying to decide where to stash it!
      A trip to the Caribbean is starting to look good for a while, to me.

3. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 5 years ago

2113? you  are getting a bit a head of me here.

Anyway, a prosperous 2013 for you

I have discussed with my spouse the need for more effective organization of our financial resources, hopefully in 2013, this message will not fall upon deaf ears!

It is the conservatives in Washington that continue to be the bottleneck to any real progress in moving this nation along. But they will paint themselves into a corner in the coming days.....Staytuned

Don Bobbittposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Credence2- It is beyond one party or another, in my opinion.
      We are down to ideological warfare, and no longer Politics.
      Every single person in Wahsington seems to be ready to buy assault rifles, and not  ones to share bread and wine over compromise.

2. Credence2 profile image81
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very astute, Don, and most probably is the reality right now. The right way is down the middle. As Obama says, now one gets everything that they want, compromise is essential.

4. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I've made a number of New Years resolutions, and I have a very satisfactory financial plan for the year. Living in harmony is still possible, even if others engage in battles over finances and politics.

You can read my recommendations about New Years Resolutions in my hub "New Years Resolutions that Work: 5 Tips to Success" and my thoughts on the economy in "Welcome to the Fifth World: No Economic Recovery Coming."

working