jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)

What is the thing that drives you?

1. Dan Barfield profile image77
    Dan Barfieldposted 4 years ago

What is the thing that drives you?

2. profile image0
    buckjosephposted 4 years ago

Passion. It is what pumps iron into my blood, but that passion more often than not gets me in-trouble. My blood starts to boil, and my mind is explosive.

Passion, though, is what's keeping me alive. Passion therefore drives me.

Dan Barfieldposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Passion! Most certainly, this is important for me too! Like I said further up the page though - I think it is important for passion to have direction. Perhaps passion for a goal or an ideal, or several of either is best? What is your biggest passion?

2. profile image0
      buckjosephposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My biggest passion, actually, is activism, as this world could be 10x better if we would just be tolerant towards each other. Most people think that those who are simply different from them are going to "Hell". My other passion, writing.

3. The Unlearner profile image71
    The Unlearnerposted 4 years ago

Passion drives my decisions and paths I take.My love of freedom is what drives me to protect it.

Passion is an important thing to cultivate in one's life for sure! It is important to have direction though... undirected passion is useless. It must always be passion FOR something.

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7831102_f260.jpg

Nothing drives me,
    Yet, I drive it,
    my better half drives it,
    our childen drive it,
    and rest assured because our children drive it,
    I pay dearly for their priviledge to drive it!

5. profile image78
    in4mativeposted 4 years ago

Challenging the status quo drives me. That which is true and right should stand.
    However, there are many ideas and statements that should be challenged and updated, or simply shown as untrue or wrong.

I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly! Righting wrongs and celebrating positive change is certainly a driving force in my own life!

6. Rosie writes profile image87
    Rosie writesposted 4 years ago

The people I love, a strong ambition to succeed and do good things, a passion for life, and never accepting failure as an option.

The ones we love are often a great driving force in our lives aren't they? You are so right!

7. sasta10 profile image65
    sasta10posted 4 years ago

My dream for success in this life and in the hereafter.

Great answer - having a dream or a goal is so important.

8. jenntyl99 profile image86
    jenntyl99posted 4 years ago

The number one thing that drives me is when someone questions my ability to do something.  That is what makes me strive for bigger and better things.

So you are saying that you need to prove yourself? Or simply that you see the accusations of naysayers as a challenge to be met?

9. fitmag profile image72
    fitmagposted 4 years ago

The desire to have a better life. I accept the idea of having setbacks, but I do everything possible to take every situation and make the best of it. You have to fight in order to win

That is a great aspiration to have! So many people convince themselves that they can't improve their lot... well here's the news bulletin: You can become whatever you set your mind to becoming.

10. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

Bad decisions, I just want to make always the right ones but sometimes it's impossible. Mind you it gives me an alternative plan.

Bad decisions drive you? That seems somewhat negative... Do you mean that the desire to make the right choice always, is what drives you?

11. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Double Gloucester cheese... downhill.
    No, seriously, I've set myself the task of completing a series of nine (and it might become ten) books in the 'RAVENFEAST' series, and I've found these Hubpages a help in developing my writing. By writing and commenting here I'm organising myself and my time.
    Nearly halfway there, and about two thirds of the way through book four - 'BETRAYED' - I've got 'an angle' on writing style, selecting and using words rather than just falling back on words I use in everyday life. That concentrates the mind wonderfully as the phrase goes, a form of self-propulsion.
    Aside from that there is my railway modelling, working on kits and re-working proprietary models, painting, liverying, weathering etc. I split my time during the day and weekends between what I want to do and what I have to do. At weekends I take a rest from writing.

Goals are an excellent motivator aren't they? I have set myself a number of goals over the past few months. I've had to set my writing goals asside for a brief period unfortunately - Just moved house and I'm getting married on April 19th smile

2. alancaster149 profile image86
      alancaster149posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the forthcoming nuptials, and keep up the goals (although the patter of small feet might interfere with them at some time in the not-too-distant future), and moving house is a definite block on creativeness! Keep on truckin', man!.

working