jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Is any-one else in the west fed up of American war mongerings?

1. days leaper profile image78
    days leaperposted 5 years ago

Is any-one else in the west fed up of American war mongerings?

North Korea is a target again, according to the TV nerws.
    Why doesn't America mind it's own business, and stop this bullying of smaller countries?  The way it is carrying on as though it owns the world, it (its leaders) are risking starting a third world war.  This time with nuclear consequences!  It's already triggered a restart of The cold war.  When will this end?

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 5 years ago

Okay, since your question is really multiple questions, I'll answered it in parts.

Is anyone else in the west fed of with American war mongering?: YES. In fact, 90% of Americans are fed up with it. Problem is, no matter what we seem to do, the gov just keeps rolling on and everybody is to afraid to do something that would actually remove power from the little oligarchy in the east.

North Korea: Keep in mind that North Korea threatened us, not the other way around. Granted, we shouldn't have 'missile practice areas' anywhere near them, or any other living being for that matter, but that is the one time in our recent past when I cannot say that our gov actually tried to provoke a war. Then again, if I'm wrong, whistleblowers will be out with the news soon enough.

Not to mention, North Korea has been threatening us since before Vietnam, what else is new there?

WWIII: It's already happening, where have you been? All the major "power" countries are wrapped up in illegitimate wars across the globe. America, Canada, Britain, France, China, etc... WWIII kicked off months before the first plane struck the first tower, it's just that no one was paying attention until then.

1. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am also fed up with it and as you point out, NK is a (stupid) aggressor. Provocation of other countries is not a smart move for them. Hopefully they stop.

2. days leaper profile image78
      days leaperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If some-one pees in your back yard wouldn't you get cross about it.  That is what USA is doing with it's target pactice area.  And already targetting NK "just in case" presumably to wind NK up so any weak leadership will get coss and shoot its mouth

3. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

"North Korea is a target again !" ummm.... HUhh?   Its just the other way around isn't it !   I understand the  under-thought out  origin of the question ,  but it seems you've been listening to the  little dictators son too much !  Make them glow in the  dark for all I care .   Any leader that would watch his OWN  people starve and spend billions building nuke plants deserves to be nuked himself . Only the mis- guided suedo- peacelover  would blame America  for the miniture north Koreans  bully antics .

1. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

ironic, you call them bullies yet want them all to glow in the dark.

2. days leaper profile image78

It's exactly that kind of statemnt that is likely to set off a war.  You don't care as your country has the power to inhialate most of the world while you sit in your back garden getting fatter and burping whilst scratching your fat behind (continued

3. profile image0
      Old Empresarioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How can North Korea bully the US when we have 250 nukes for every 1 of theirs? Also, our nukes travel 3 times as far as North Korea's (also no submarines). Korea is no direct threat to the US.

4. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

At first I thought your question was a joke and after reading it several times through I came to realize you were serious.

North Korea has an entitled, arrogant, unsophisticated, post puberty leader who is attempting to make a name for himself. So far he has failed miserably. He garners absolutely no respect on the world stage. He is the one making threats against the United States and South Korea and not the other way around. He's like a little boy playing with his toy army and soldiers, except they are neither. North Korea is the one pounding their Tarzan chest and they will only incur more suffering should they make the fatal mistake of trying to provoke a super power.

North Korea's immature leader needs to grow up and start taking better care of his long suffering countrymen before stirring the pot of idle threats aimed at those who have the potential of squishing them like ants.

1. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your sentiments, but I think when it truly comes down to it he's probably not stupid enough to actually start a nuclear war.

2. pagesvoice profile image85
      pagesvoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

For the sake of North Korea, I hope you are correct. Time will tell.

3. profile image0

Military analysts all know that North Korea's greatest threat is not its "stockpile" of a whopping 10 nuclear weapons. Its threat is massed artillery leveled at the DMZ that could destroy everything there in 48 hours.

4. lone77star profile image84
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

North Korea's crazy, yes. But America war mongering is even crazier. Just because we're more sophisticated, that makes it right? America has become the Evil Empire. Sad.

5. pagesvoice profile image85
      pagesvoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm befuddled how anyone, anywhere in the world can play a sympathy card for the provocateur country of NK. Just today little Kim has announced he will escalate nuclear weaponry. and restore plutonium reactors. He's the enemy of the world.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

If you will check your facts, North Korea is threatening the US--not the other way around.

1. days leaper profile image78

It's 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.

2. profile image0

The US has 5,000 nuclear weapons with nuclear submarines all over the world. North Korea has 10 to 20 nuclear weapons at most. North Korea's nukes can't travel more than about 2,400 miles and can't hit the US. Worry about something else.

6. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

North Korea aside (yes, they're crazy), America definitely is a war mongering Evil Empire.

Sad that my homeland has become what it once condemned. But egos blind too many Americans from seeing this simple fact. And many Americans merely feel helpless to do anything about it.

I was only able to take my own "patriotic" blinders off by moving overseas for nearly 6 years. The Corporate Party press has most everyone in America hypnotized.

When the multi-Trillion dollar national debt accelerates to the point of popping, Earth will be toast and America ground zero.

Time to get right with God. The end really is upon us. But it'll be the beginning of something beautiful, too.

working