jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If YOU are a Conservative, what would YOU want to say to a Liberal?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

If YOU are a Conservative, what would YOU want to say to a Liberal?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 4 years ago

I would say that I'm actually a conservative in that I sill think men should wear coats and ties and observe a certain level of good taste in communicating and behaving in public. In terms of politics, I'm a conservative because I believe firmly in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the intentions that the founders were seeking for a Constitutional Republic. Since a liberal person is someone who values the maximization of personal freedoms, I would say to them that I agree that we have too many laws. But I think some better aspects of our society should be maintained, even if not by force. Conservatives and liberals are not mutually exclusive groups. Conservatives and progressives are, however, polar opposites by definition. By the same logic, liberals and authoritarians are opposites. The media has been twisting our political language around since the 1940s.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have presented quite an excellent premise.

3. brittvan22 profile image83
    brittvan22posted 4 years ago

Get your mind right, jk. I'm liberal, but that's what I would suppose a conservative is thinking about a liberal.

4. benashiraz profile image70
    benashirazposted 4 years ago

If I was conservative, I would've always argued that I was right. I would've talked like a dictator. But if I really was conservative, I would've applied my rules to my own self and family and people who looked interested in following. I wouldn't have forced people over something.

working