Fetus or Child

Jump to Last Post 51-67 of 67 discussions (304 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well if they're going to play the moral card we'll need a Porta-pot.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's wrong?

Don't like morals?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well if you have morals they're obviously something in the eye of the beholder.

Believe it or not, you're wrong. They are absolutes in life.

1. profile image0

Don't be silly, morals are for conservatives!

2. profile image0
    Chopsticksposted 14 years ago

I have never known a woman who has had to go through abortion "lightly".  There is no "right" or "wrong" in this life. It either works or it doesn't work for you.

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But is that how we make laws?

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

<--- Not a "conservative"
    And guess what... I have morals! Sneako I'll keep calling you out on it if you want. smile

1. profile image0

You better be hitting them books woman! I know you will but thats the way I like it.smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm done with my semester thanks.

1. profile image0

No finals!?

Last week. smile I'm all done.

1. profile image0

Well good for you!smile My son has his this week and finishes on Wednesday.

Thank you. I have a feeling I will never quite understand you. I'm not sure if I'm ok with that.

1. profile image0

Cole I really am that goofey! If you could figure out who my son is you could ask him, he made me promise not to tell.

But it isn't goofiness that confuses me.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

But we are not free to do as we wish with out own bodies. Laws frequently tell us what we can do, even when no one else is involved. We can't take illicit drugs legally. We can't gamble legally in some locales. We can't have a glass of wine in a restaurant on a Sunday in parts of the U.S. It's still considered illegal as part of "common law" to commit suicide in some states.

Late term abortions are murder - period. There are lots of veterinarians who won't even spay a female animal with a late term pregnancy. How could a legitimate doctor perform such a procedure on a human being?

5. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Thought I heard something about a very serious drought this year.

1. Bovine Currency profile image59
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have a very serious drought every year.

Of course, I'm not an expert on the climate.

You probably know more about it than me... <insert obligatory sarcasm for the humour challenged>

6. Vicki99 profile image69
    Vicki99posted 14 years ago

LIFE begins with conception. Life is not in the breath, it is in the blood. Otherwise all those people in iron lungs are dead. Never mind that they talk, eat, read, love... they can't breath alone so they must be dead.

To say that having an abortion is acceptable if a women does not WANT a child is terrible. How about if we don't want our grandparents or teenagers? Are we going to eventually come up with some type of "abortion" for that too?? Scares me to try and imagine where this will eventually end.

Assisted suicide?  I am in favor of that.

1. Vicki99 profile image69
        Vicki99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you cannot liken abortion to assisted suicide... since the baby is not commiting suicide, but being killed. Two very different animals.

Actually, they are NOT two different animals. They are both life forms. One who is not born yet(meaning doesn't exist yet) and One already exists and has lived. Either way, you are ending a life-form's existence.

You can separate the two by creating a difference, but when it boils down to the end of the day- it's a human life-form or organism.

Abortion- this as I have said in other previous posts, either shouldn't exist or is given full discretion to the mother, because it is her right of choice. And, shouldn't be bothered or hassled by other people and their ideals of a perfect society.

Society will NEVER be perfect and once people realize this, they will start living their life and worrying about their own life, than sticking their nose into other people's lives.

STOP creating separation and get over yourself. The RIGHT OF CHOICE is not yours. This topic is sad.

To begin with- Fetus or Child? A fetus is an unborn child. There is NO difference. But, that being said- the developmental stages a fetus goes through, before it can sustain it's own existence is roughly about 7 months in. Thus, it becomes a fetus. Until such time that the developmental stages are complete, up to 7months, abortion is an option for the mother.

Beyond 7 months, in some states, it's a crime. The abortion issue- really shouldn't be an issue. It's business' influence and the mob's agenda, to impose their own will OVER someone else. It isn't to be allowed!

So, if a woman is about to give birth a minute later, the baby moving around and kicking and gettting ready to go doesn't "exist" but one minute later it does? That makes sense to you?

Again, you twist things to make it look like your the good person here and you're not!

Nice try though. It would be better if you actually READ the damn post before running your mouth.

Could you just answer the question?

Your question has no basis. Since you didn't read my damn post. SO, with that I bid you good bye.

2. Bovine Currency profile image59

Appeal to the absurd.  Fallacy.

If you feel it's absurd, take it up with the source.

You, the source.

So, if a woman is about to give birth a minute later, the baby moving around and kicking and gettting ready to go doesn't "exist" but one minute later it does? That makes sense to you?

You assert, as above, poorly disguised as a question, loaded with an absurd argument.  Just the facts of logic.  You have a BA. Philosophy right?  You should know this.

Not at all. I was attempting to clarify the rather odd position that someone else had taken. Maybe in your excitement to take a personal shot at me you didn't read enough to understand the context. Go back and read again. (I'll even give you a hint to help you along: start at page 13)

3. Bovine Currency profile image59

Page 14.

Shame yourself further if you wish.

Thanks for showing exactly how I quoted the source and then sought clarification. Not sure why this confused you so much. Maybe you need to go back even further and see that the discussion (this whole thread, really) was looking at a child in the womb vs out. That much at least I would have thought obvious. You were aware of the topic of the thread, right?

Yes, I am fully aware of the thread.  My point stands unchallenged.

*sigh* Last try:

What 'point' would that be?

7. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

are single celled organisms alive?

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Have I even told you my views on abortion?

Personally I would never have one, but I am not going to tell anyone else what they can and cannot do with something that is growing in their own body.

Many people seem more concerned about unborn children than about helping the children who are already here and living in poverty.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I believe that those are already born take precedence over those yet to be born.

And I believe that is an utterly inhuman attitude. Do you value the life of an older child more than a younger one?

You place value only on things for which have monetary value. You DO NOT put value on a human life.

well said.

2. tksensei profile image59

And you base that absurd and offensive accusation on what?

An absurd and offensive accusation on what? Are you DEAF?

First off- I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I simply state that YOU do not put a 'value' on a human life. And, if you do, then YOU are morally wrong.

There is NO COST related to a human life. Got it? I hope so.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
            AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would be inhuman if that poster didn't care about either, but in the real world you sometimes have to make hard choices -- that does not mean I agree with Uninvited Writer (necessarily), but the word "inhuman" is over the top here, now, come on...

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Read my lips...born vs unborn...

Please hold your personal insults at bay...

Let me know when you see a personal insult from me. In the meantime, could you answer my question?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Your question is irrelevant to the discussion...

It is exactly relevant.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The two are not mutually exclusive, but it does often seem that there is an emphasis on abortion issues over the very real problems of worldwide child poverty... maybe that isn't true, but it definitely *seems* that way, at least, you have to admit

No, I do not have to admit, nor do I agree.

2. profile image0

You know it's not right so stand up for the truth. We all need to help the children but we have to get to the source of the problems not just throw money around and kill babies.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79

No it isn't. I was talking about unborn vs born.

One is older than the other, right?

1. zzron profile image58
        zzronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are both still alive.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79

But they have both been born....

11. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Oh, you don't understand what the word 'value' means. Now I see.

12. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

Now heres a question for you all...how many of you have actually had to face abortion?  I think the people speaking the loudest here possibly have no idea how they would react under certain circumstances relating to abortion.

Having said that, and I certainly don't want to take away the rights of women, but I honestly believe that women are mistaken when they think abortion will solve all their problems.  Abortion has a long lasting impact on the soul and long term consequences stemming from guilt.  Especially for those who go on to have children later in life.

how many of you have seen a beating heart on an ultrasound at 7 weeks pregnant?  If you have, you know that there is a real little person growing inside of you, and most of you felt the emotion and shed tears of joy and incredulity at hearing the tiny, but steady heartbeat on the monitor.  NO way could you dispute that this is a child, not just a fetus, growing inside of you.

Look, i won't, I can't judge those who have gone through abortion, but what I'm trying to get across here is that it will stay with you for the rest of your life and will hurt you.  There is no easy answer, but abortion, though effective at getting you out of some immediate trouble, goes on to wreak havoc in your life, whether it be through guilt, depression, etc.

1. profile image0

Are there any more like you around?

13. Frugal Fanny profile image61
    Frugal Fannyposted 14 years ago

What if allowing a pregnancy to continue endangers either the mother or the developing child in some possibly fatal way? What then?

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You bring up a good point frugal.Only fanatics see this question as black or white.Reasonable people realize that a case by case evaluation is the only way to view this.

This is to you Cagsil, PLEASE!,try not to judge the speaker.An emphatic reply is great but attacking the speaker is bad form,don't you think?

14. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

how about we just sterilise half the population

15. Bovine Currency profile image59

Maybe I was wrong?  The only other possibility is that you are just unaware of logic and are just bothering people for the sake of it, the words don't matter to do?

16. Bovine Currency profile image59

Take your own advice.  I have said what I wanted to say.  If you are incapable of understanding plain english, that is your problem, not mine.

"English"

I don't blame you for bailing out now. It wasn't going well for you.

17. Bovine Currency profile image59

small things amuse small minds

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)