jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What should happen to a woman who falsely accuses a man of rape?

1. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 4 years ago

What should happen to a woman who falsely accuses a man of rape?

I think at the very least people such as Wanetta Gibson of California and Elizabeth Coast of Virginia should serve the very same number of days in jail and prison that those they falsely accused actually served. Elizabeth Coast actually had the gall to laugh to a reporter while leaving a court as if what she did to an innocent man was funny and acceptable.  Wanetta Gibson sued and got well over a million dollars out of the Long Beach school district on a false accusation of rape, ran completely through the money, has lived off of welfare since, and can't pay it back.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8129940_f260.jpg

2. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

I agree. Not only do they waste the money and resources of law enforcement but they also make it harder for real rape victims and easier for rape apologists who somehow still believe rape cannot occur unless the victim somehow encourages the suspect.

Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

The fact that critical portions of their youth and life opportunities have been taken away turns my stomach. To think of the horrors that the young male victims of these lies saw and experienced while imprisoned is frightening.

3. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

Why not put her in a private room with a real rapist and see how much fun she gets out of that?

In some cases there are people who just don't learn until they have been subjected to the same level of humiliations and injustices that they caused. I'm certain if this was presented to her as punishment she'd feel that it doesn't fit her crime.

4. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

I also agree with the answer of E J Lambert. It's the best punishment that can be given to such a woman.
    What ever her intension may be or what ever reasons she may put forward for her action, I will never support her. She is not only spoiling her own life but also the life of an innocent person. She must be given the maximum punishment.

I am a woman and could never support anything of this nature. It is difficult enough for real rape victims (of either sex) and real victims have a rougher time because of arses such as these.

5. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 4 years ago

she should serve the maximum penalty for rape and can earn money in jail by doing duties to pay off the debt.

working