jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can Israel survive three more years of the Obama administration?

1. AlexDrinkH2O profile image81
    AlexDrinkH2Oposted 4 years ago

Can Israel survive three more years of the Obama administration?

Syria and Iran have stated they will attack Israel if the US attacks Syria - now, if I were president, I would say something like "An attack on Israel will be considered an attack on the US and will be dealt with accordingly." But not this president - he's no friend of Israel and he's proven it time and time again. The Obama administration's Middle East policy is little more than grossly incompetent meddling, leading to catastrophic results. Question of the day: can Israel survive three more years of this nonsense?

2. johnsonrallen profile image92
    johnsonrallenposted 4 years ago

Well, I'd have to say they've endured thousands of years of persecution and similar threats before. I have a feeling they'll get through them. Having said that, you're right: the relationship between the US and them is not quite what it has been in years before.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but recently the USA government told Israel that they should hand over some (more) of their land to keep peace. In reality I don't think much of America (including republicans and democrats) cares about any country that isn't predominately Christian.
    With that said they are some tough people with an awesome military. I think they will survive, though it would be nice if they had some support.

4. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 4 years ago

Based on having worked in the Country and have seen some of the mess first hand, I would honestly at this time- say yes they can.

The hinge-pin is Egypt. Israel right now is split on Palestine on the peacefull side, with there eyes wide open. But Egypt  depending on what happens there, can really change the balance between Sunni and Shiite and de-stabilise the southern and eastern borders more than it is now.. As it is now, it is ok, but it can change.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes, they will prevail and will be there at the end. They are God's chosen people. Obama just needs to get his act together. As far as Israel's military might. They have not lost one conflict yet.

6. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 4 years ago

Yes despite Obama, they will survive for they are fighting on the winning team. It may get pretty nasty but Israel has been use to that haven't they? Who else do you see who can win a battle the way they can? The story is near its ending.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Israel, despite its size is well able to take care of itself. I have no doubt they will do just that.