jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How much do you tip your pizza delivery driver?

1. Traci Ruffner profile image76
    Traci Ruffnerposted 4 years ago

How much do you tip your pizza delivery driver?

I think many people do not realize delivery drivers get paid a waitress wage, they pay for the wear and tear on their car, and the $1.30 the store gives them when they leave the store (even if they have 3 separate deliveries) does not cover gas usage.

2. Sadiq Busuri profile image58
    Sadiq Busuriposted 4 years ago

I can honestly say that I am one of those people and had no idea. Fortunately I haven't had pizza delivered in years and usually just go and pick it up because I'd feel awful with how little I tip. The last time I had delivered I just let the guy keep the change.

Traci Ruffnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think many just don't realize that they depend on tips. smile  It's good to make people aware.

3. VVanNess profile image92
    VVanNessposted 4 years ago

I don't but my husband always leaves them a dollar or two.

4. amiebutchko profile image86
    amiebutchkoposted 4 years ago

This is a great question!  I always have wondered this!  I usually tip $5.  Do you think this is enough?

$5.00 is a good tip. smile

5. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

It depends if the store charge delivery fee.  I give 20 (around 50 cent in US dollar) else I give 50 (around 1.25 in US dollar)

Pizza usually cost 350 to 500 here smile 40:1 exchange ratio

It may be different where you are, but here most stores here do not give the delivery fee to the driver.  It's ridiculous.  Why do they even charge the fee if they are not giving it to the driver?

6. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I tip my delivery driver with a hug and a kiss.....he also happens to be my husband.  smile

1. amiebutchko profile image86
      amiebutchkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

very cute!

working