jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are people born evil? Or are monster created by circumstance?

1. profile image51
    Lexie Reneeposted 3 years ago

Are people born evil? Or are monster created by circumstance?

Are there people that are innately evil? Or are their actions caused by a cluster of events and relationships that formed their lives and perceptions, ultimately shaping their excistence and mental reasoning.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8815782_f260.jpg

2. Napoleonm97d profile image59
    Napoleonm97dposted 3 years ago

nobody's is evil by nature and nobody is born evil,the guy who screamed at you or wanted to put you down or...., was having and is  having a bad experience during his life time and his current time thus he have an unhealthy subconscious mind.
    it's up to people like you to learn how to not be affected by them and learn how to deal with them.

1. profile image51
      Lexie Reneeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was reading a very interesting book that brought up this question.

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

There has never been an evil infant born at the hospital. Although there can be spiritual behavioral problems. So the question is, what kinds of thoughts and emotional triggers are activated. Certainly everyone one has the potential for good or evil. There is usually a tipping point that has to do with anger, hurt, disappointment, loss of respect, abuse, misunderstanding, lack of forgiveness, no spiritual training, absence of love, mental health issues or mental and emotional disturbances......example: a person who can't adjust to others wrongs or mean behavior, so they make the choice to get even which later turns into aggression towards anybody.

4. wba108@yahoo.com profile image81
    wba108@yahoo.composted 3 years ago

We're all born selfish. I guess that means we're all born evil to a certain extent. I see evil as what comes naturally to all of us unless we're taught otherwise.

You can see in the vast majority of young children, that its all about them. Hopefully we learn to put the needs of others ahead of ourselves as we mature and are guided by more mature people.

I think that almost all people have an in grained sense of looking out for ourselves first and also have an uncanny way of hiding or justifying our selfish behavior.

There is no doubt that environment and circumstances can retard our maturity or even make us worse. More often than not our circumstances only serve to reveal what is already in us.

working