jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Will the world ever forget the word "war"?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

Will the world ever forget the word "war"?

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

After Jesus Christ comes again and cleanses the world from all evil there won't be any more wars. We probably won't forget what war is. War will probably still be studied after they no longer happen.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer!

3. Katrina Speights profile image76
    Katrina Speightsposted 3 years ago

Unfortunately, I think it will be a while. As a whole, humans fail to see each other as other human beings. They pay more attention to the differences and not enough to the similarities. We use the differences to paint anyone not like ourselves as inferior, and therefore undeserving. Once that happens, we use it as an excuse to attack and take whatever we want from that group of people. Until the majority come to consciously recognize the humanity in everyone else, we will not leave this cycle of bloodshed.

I think we can accomplish this, but how far away it is I can not say. I can only hope it is closer than we think.

Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You have answered it so beautifully Katrina! Thanks

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 3 years ago

I hope someday we will have no wars. However, we should never forget the destruction, the cost and the lives lost in all wars. Only by recognizing the toll war takes on all people, will we ever have a chance of avoiding future wars.

Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Absolute truth. I also strongly hope and pray for such a situation. Thanks Larry.

working