What do you think about what's happening in Gaza?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. LailaK profile image69
    LailaKposted 9 years ago

What do you think about what's happening in Gaza?

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

Honestly it's enough for me to handle what takes place in my own home, city, state, and country.
    I don't mean to be cynical but over the course of so many years of 24 hour news cycle starting with the advent of CNN. It's gotten to a point where it's nearly impossible to be "happy" even when there is nothing wrong (in your own personal) life!
    We're constantly in a state of being one moment away from learning about yet another catastrophe, injustice, girls stolen, Aids epidemic, genocide, starvation, national uprisings, illegal immigration, drug & sex trafficking, plane crashes, mass shooting, a hurricane, tsunami or earthquake disaster. What do you have for me today?!
    After taking in daily and nightly doses of what is going on all around the globe it's no wonder people who have jobs, homes in safe communities, have nice cars, and good health are still walking around in a depressive funk.
    Truth be told it's not as if these things weren't always going on in the world. We were just never "plugged in" so much. I've come to understand the value of the saying; "Ignorance is bliss".
    While it's important to be informed I believe we are almost at a point of reaching "overload". Eventually this will lead to having an "isolationist" mentality. Constant unrest leads to emoting a feeling of hopelessness.
    These people have hated each other for 1000s of years. Even if a "peace treaty" were signed today members in (both camps) would walk away from the table NOT trusting one another. There is nothing that can be said or done that will cause them to feel "brotherly love" towards one another not even in the "holy land".
    Real change comes from the inside. If it's forced it won't last.

1. pattyfloren profile image73
      pattyflorenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Its so astronomical that the Bible says this will happen before the end of things.  Its just that knowing this...I would change some things.

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

pattyfloren, If one truly believes what is written in the bible they should be in favor of watching things unfold instead of trying to thwart destiny . Some people are happily awaiting "the end of the world" as it vindicates their beliefs.

3. James-wolve profile image75
    James-wolveposted 9 years ago

Simply,Ethnic Cleansing of the Gaza Strip. ..What we are seeing is an unprecedented blo..odbath. The br..u..tal  and  sa..dis..tic    mu..r..d..er  of people, all civilian, mostly women and children and all innocent of any crime.

1. cjhunsinger profile image61
      cjhunsingerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

James-Stalin killed 50+ million of his own people-that is a bloodbath. Israel is at war w/a terrorist group-Hamas who hides behind innocents and launch rockets. What else you got?

2. James-wolve profile image75
      James-wolveposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Life is precious to God and no one has right to shed its blood...You said Stalin,I say Bush father and son's massacres in Irak and Afganistan.Count the casualties and now who is to blame for the Iraq war ?who leads them to this condition?

3. cjhunsinger profile image61

James
      Have a good day.

4. cjhunsinger profile image61
    cjhunsingerposted 9 years ago

The destruction of Israel is inevitable and with it will go the last bastion of democracy in the Middle East.
    That people are condemning Israel for what we are seeing today is absolute lunacy and with such condemnation carries with a it complicit and tacit approval of Israels destruction.
    Israel is fighting the same Islamic terrorists that caused 9/11, that are rampaging though the Middle East, that are cutting peoples heads off and burning others alive, that are telling people to convert to Islam or die. These are Islamic Zealots, much like the Christian zealots who burnt people alive and launched the Crusades.
    As Israel is representative of the western world and all that is hated by Islam; once Israel is destroyed where next to they go?
    The President of the united States, in giving a weak support of Israel provides great support to the Islamic terrorists, an incentive that the US supports Hamas,  the controlling entity in Gaza and a recognized terrorist entity who shield themselves with babies. We must understand that for these Islamist they are commanded by their god to control the world and bring all to Allah or die.

1. James-wolve profile image75

Torah forbids Jews to end the exile and establish a state and army until " the Holy One, blessed He, in His Glory and Essence will redeem " them . That's why  Orthodox  Jews  are opposed to a Zionist  State.

2. cjhunsinger profile image61

James--I do not understand your point. I do have some understanding of the origin and history of Zionism however. Perhaps you can clarify your post to the question.

3. James-wolve profile image75

Judaism calls upon all Jews to obey the Torah in its entirety including the commandment to be patriotic citizens under the nations they live in.Creating a state through iron and fire and ending exile are forbidden.Check the meaning of Neturei Karta .

5. manatita44 profile image70
    manatita44posted 9 years ago

Well, my sweet Friend,

Each man's death diminishes us. I believe John Dunne, the great English poet, said this.

My way is one of prayer, service, of sending positive energy  through the ether. We are all different and our Beloved uses us in accordance with His plans. Effort is always necessary, but being in tune with the Higher Will is of paramount importance, as it helps us to know and recognise the role we need to play. Each one is different.

As my newly found and very young friend, always remember that the Supreme is always in charge. Pray, listen inwardly, and act as dictated to you from within. Loving thoughts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)