jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should Gay Couples Have The Same Rights As Heterosexual couples? If So Why, If N

1. vveasey profile image82
    vveaseyposted 3 years ago

Should Gay Couples Have The Same Rights As Heterosexual couples? If So Why, If Not Why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9173335_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

I think you have to add "married" to couples in order to really address this issue. Assuming married yes they must have the exact same rights. The battle is the definition of marriage but if the law says they are married then they must have the same rights.
    I am in a bi-racial marriage. The law allows it and it better then not discriminate against us because we are not the same race. Just as it must not if we were the same sex.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Gay couples should have no other rights than heterosexual couples. Saying that, they should have all of the rights afforded to a "dating" heterosexual couple. Marriage is totally different. If allowed to marry, then all people should enjoy the same rights as any married couple.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Yes. Married is married whether other people like it or not. If two men or two women have a certificate stating they're legally married (and they should have that right), then they should receive the same rights and benefits of a heterosexual couple.

5. pattyfloren profile image79
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

Gay couples who are married now are legit because of all the laws that have taken place.  I remember a case I read about where a gay was arrested because of living with another man.  Same-sex couples have come a long way.  Yes, they should have the same rights, but some rights may take more time due to circumstances.  We have been exposed to some same-sex couples on TV from many years ago who are still visible and still gay.  Are we ready to see more of the same in different sizes, shapes, and colors?  Now if its family members we are already aware of a cousin, brother, or ex husband even.  I'm sure with all they have been through, family members don't want to see them hurt.  There are groups in college that lets a gay person communicate their feelings about being gay, and at the same time meeting new people and creating fun activities that other groups can check out if that group chooses to do so.  There's a lot of information about the gay community.

6. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

If we truly believe in separation of church and state in the U.S. then it comes down to an "equality" issue. Clearly the courts have decided it is illegal to discriminate against anyone based upon their race, national origin, gender, and sexual orientation.

working