jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Famous people that we grew up with are dying. Does it make you consider your ow

1. aviannovice profile image89
    aviannoviceposted 3 years ago

Famous people that we grew up with are dying.  Does it make you consider your own mortality more?

2. profile image55
    Nicole Nichols-Smposted 3 years ago

I don't believe it makes me think of my own mortality but I did feel that I lost a piece of my childhood when Alice from Brady Bunch passed away a few months ago. Maybe if  I had more of a connection with the individual and they were close to my age then I might feel that way.

aviannoviceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I can understand that.  Thanks for your response.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image77
    tlmcgaa70posted 3 years ago

i have always been comfortable with my mortality, so no, it doesn't make me think more on that. it does however, make me more aware of the passage of time. heck just seeing an actor in some role, who i had not seen or even heard of since i was a kid, and seeing how very old they look, sometimes shocks me. i have a very bad memory, which tends to make me an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of person.  (me, not my body) does not age, so i forget we all age physically sometimes,(lol, re reading this before posting i realized it looks like i am saying we all age physically sometimes, but what i mean is i forget that sometimes smile) so when i see someone i thought young and handsome, or beautiful, and they have not aged well...it is kind of a shock.

That was an angle that I never even considered.  Great input!

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I feel sorrow for them, how much depends on who they are, and after that I move on with life because life goes on. I do not have it affect my life in any way.

That makes sense.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

I just think of the ones passing and hope they were right with the Lord and have eternity to look forward to. Especially stars build their reward here not in heaven and it is such a shame since God gave them so much they could not realize where their talent came from. I know some are Christian and I am always happy for that. Of course we should not judge to say who goes where but their life style usually speaks for itself. I am far from perfect but I hold to my salvation, by grace; through faith.

Can't ask for anything more than that.  Thanks, Jackie!

working