jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best thing you have ever done for a fellow human?

1. sulcatamandy profile image88
    sulcatamandyposted 3 years ago

What is the best thing you have ever done for a fellow human?

Every single day we have the opportunity to help someone in need or change someones life in small and big ways. What is the best thing you have ever done for a fellow human with no pretenses or repayment. Just strictly out of the kindness in your heart?

2. Benedictowelmar profile image61
    Benedictowelmarposted 3 years ago

I was a high school student back then and there's a beggar outside our school begging for alms. Since i have an extra sandwich which i did not eat, i gave it to him. My friends asked me why i did that. I just smiled and walk away. This is just a simple act of helping others but i think it's really a big help for those who needs it.

1. sulcatamandy profile image88
      sulcatamandyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is really awesome that you fed that man outside your school. Sometimes, when I have extra money now, I buy a gift card from fast food place for like 5 or 10 dollars and I hand them out when I see people in need.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Kindness alone means nothing, if we do it for some feel-good return, even if that return is only internal or self-congratulatory.

The best thing I've ever done was to discover True Love -- loving others without any thought of self-concern. This happened in 1977 when I forgave the assaults of others so thoroughly that I forgot their crimes for 34 years. I achieved True Love so thoroughly that miracles happened.

I loved my enemies so thoroughly that I took 100% responsibility for their acts against me. Thus, I ceased being a victim and became an active participant in the truest spiritual sense.

In a very real sense, this was not "me" that did it. More appropriately, it was a piece of God doing it to pieces of God

working