jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why do we consider homosexuality as a sin but we treat Infidelity as normal beha

1. profile image57
    innotashposted 3 years ago

Why do we consider homosexuality as a sin but we treat Infidelity as normal behaviour?

2. Link10103 profile image74
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

I wouldnt particularly say people treat it as normal behavior, but it does strike me as odd how homsexuality is viewed to be worse than cheating on a spouse.

Cheating is a choice, who one is attracted to is not.

1. profile image57
      innotashposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And unlike cheating who can hurt and destroy another person, homosexuality just embrases and loves the other person. I still wonder what it will take to change society's perception on homosexuality

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I think it's because more people are going to end up cheating on their spouse than discover that they're actually gay. It's easy to make excuses or justify things when you can relate to them.

It is pretty funny that people think gay marriage is a threat to the sanctity of marriage when half of heterosexual couples get divorced.

1. profile image57

'It's easy to make excuses or justify things when you can relate to them' this answers it very perferctly. We choose to be judgemental on issues we choose not to relate to. This is really bad, when you look at all the corrective rapes that happen.

4. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

I think it's due to the relate-ability of adultery to most of the population.

Most people can imagine the adultery is possible for them but if they are straight then the thought of themselves taking part in homosexual acts likely disturbs them.

Yet, it is the adultery that is in the 10 commandments - not homosexuality.

Funny - I might be gay but I'd never cheat on my wife.

1. profile image57

Are we really saying that we can never change the mind-set of the society. For them to realise the kind of relationships that homosexuals are built on. They are built on love and trust. We surely dont cheat, we follow n practise the Bible bt just gay

2. jlpark profile image85
      jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We can, and we will - it just takes time. It's when people realise we are just like them, live our lives just like them, pay taxes etc, things change. So we just need to go abt being ourselves and they'll get it eventually!

3. profile image57

If change will happen especially in African countries it will have to start with our governments. As much as the constitution regards homosexuality as legal our government should treat it that way.

working