jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Which Country Has The World's Most Honest Politicians?

1. Romanian profile image75
    Romanianposted 3 years ago

Which Country Has The World's Most Honest Politicians?

Sometimes there is not clear evidence that some politicans are more honest than others, but from your knowledge in which country do you think are the most honest politicians? Examples and statistics are welcomed.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12209915_f260.jpg

2. Oztinato profile image71
    Oztinatoposted 3 years ago

Probably the Antarctic due to the low number of politucians there.

Romanianposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ok, mr. Einstein, but Antarctic it's not a country, it's an uninhabited continent. There probably aren't any politicians, only scientists and pinguins. I want to have an answer linked to a real country.

2. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Pardon Oz if you can, Romanian. He has trouble playing well with others.  smile

3. Oztinato profile image71
      Oztinatoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was trying to inject humour into the answers. There is a funny Simpsons drawing here. Antartic=no pollies. Get it?

4. Romanian profile image75

I know @Oztinato, you were joking, and I don't have a problem with this, but I'm also waiting for a serious response from you smile

5. Oztinato profile image71
      Oztinatoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am finding the question impossible to take seriously! They are nearly all Mayor Quimbys.

3. mio cid profile image48
    mio cidposted 3 years ago

Uruguay   is in the top five countries with the most honest politicians ,not only in the present time but throughout history.

I heard that the Uruguayan president it's a very honest person, with an austere life. I don't know if other politicians in Uruguay are like him.

2. mio cid profile image48
      mio cidposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The great majority of Uruguayan politicians from  all ideologies left right and center have been honest .

4. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Honestly? I think honest politician is an oxymoron.

Let's suppose that there are people who want to have power to do good things for their country.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

I think this is a difficult question to answer.  However, I do recall reading a book way back in the 1960s which said that compared with most of the then dictatorships - and there were many - most democratic countries, with elected politicians were generally far more honest.    At that time they ranked the Western European nations, including the UK, and North America among these.

Possibly a good way to gauge the 'approximate' lack of corruption in a country is to look at it's common-to-the masses infrastructure.   By this I mean the condition of the schools, roads, bridges, public transport, airports and the like.   In the corrupt country where nobody really trusts a government to build anything - knowing that most of the funds are going to be syphoned off into lovely beautiful homes and Mercedes Benz cars for the few - slums abound, good roads are just about non existent, and only the very few (who control both wealth and corruption) have access to higher education.

Generally, if there is a class system in which there is a dearth of middle-class incomes, e.g. a few wealthy and the rest dirt poor, there is a lot of corruption extant.

I think you are right, we just have to see how the living conditions are in that country, how is the infrastructure, to guess if politicians are doing their job or are corrupt.

6. lollyj lm profile image62
    lollyj lmposted 3 years ago

I'm totally guessing with my answer but think it would be the Scandinavian countries.  Honest politicians -- governments -- take care of citizens, education, infrastructure, and provide health care to all.  I know the USA does not fall into any of those categories.

You might be right, Scandinavian countries are always seen as an example of honestity in al Europe.

7. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 2 years ago

Vlad III of Wallachia was pretty honest about his intentions I think.

working