jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

The President of the United States NEEDS to be:

1. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

The President of the United States NEEDS to be:

Please list if you will, no less than 5 & no more than 8 Qualities/Characteristics you personally find absolutely necessary in a POTUS.

2. cathylynn99 profile image76
    cathylynn99posted 3 years ago

smart as a whip
    reasonably honest
    socially skilled (this leaves me out of the running)

fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

cathy...Thank you for your list.  We must HOPE these are the least of their qualities, since it seems they cover a really huge number of Americans!  (I love the "reasonably honest!" LOL) Let's not get CRAZY, huh?  LOL Very good, cathy.

3. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 3 years ago

I can't resist....so in five words:
    Or to put it another way, A POTUS must be:
    1) Patriotic
    2) A Leader (as opposed to a dictator)
    3) Responsible (as in taking personal responsibility)
    4) A believer in the U.S. Constitution
    5) Forthright
    6) Respectful of Israel

saavy..Oh, don't hold back girlfriend!  Please tell us how you really feel! LOL.
      I detect a tone of fatigue & disappointment.  Very familiar American outlook at this time.  Thank you for your emphatic list!!  smile

4. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

1. An American citizen
    2. Worthy of upholding our Constitution
    3. For the People
    4. Willing to listen
    5. Think like someone who wasn't born with a silver spoon in his hand/mouth
    6. Goes inside and determines whether or not he/she could live with the new restrictions they are contemplating and still be able to raise a family
    7. Consider the morals they are representing
    8. Protect our country from infidels
    9. Honor our veterans
    10. Reward our veterans with free medical treatment . Would the President be willing to fight for our freedom? Would he/she appreciate being thrown by the wayside when coming back home after seeing/committing unspeakable acts and not be screwed up? Take care of our soldiers. Either that or have a duel with the head of state that you send our troops out for. Fight your own battles.

Sorry, Paula. I had to go with 10. I could go on but I prefer to not piss myself off any more than I already am over what has become of the Presidential post.

Sha...You GO girl....feel free to spout your heart out.  I hear you and I'd bet my last dollar (if I actually had a dollar at the moment) so do millions of others!   The time is a-comin.........Peace!

5. profile image61
    DJ Andersonposted 3 years ago

The President Of Our United States Needs To:
    1.) Build a military might stronger than any other nation.
    2.) Pay our military like our lives depend on them.
    3.) Take care of our wounded warriors with the best that medicine has to offer.
    4.) Take away lifetime salaries and benefits from both the senate & house.
    They should have the same benefits as any other American.
    5.) We should stop subsidizing nations after a set amount of time.
    We are not taking care of our own who live in the streets.  Yet, we continue to send millions to less civilized countries.  It would be nice, but we cannot save the world. 
    Sha said it best, and with fewer words.  Yes!  Our President should be an American citizen!!!

Great list DJ!  Now, if we can just FIND this person!

6. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

I am appalled that not one person has mentioned a very critical skill that could keep us out of war. That is to have a skilled and working knowledge of international affairs. The other qualities listed are well and good, but one can be smart, honest, patriotic, build our military, respect our veterans, sympathetic to the middle and underdog classes, yada yada and still get us into a nuclear war with another country. Is everyone only looking backwards or wanting an isolation policy? The time is too late for that.

Well you see, Ms B....this is why we definitely need wise women like yourself.  Thanks for encouraging us to see the what's vital!  smile

2. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very true! This is why we come together and share ideas.

Initially I put "Worldly" but replaced it with sophisticated. Worldly still doesn't have quite as direct a meaning as "knowledge of international affairs" though.

3. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you (takes a bow) I didn't mean it as an insult. It's just that folks keep coming up with names like Ben Carson, who may be a good man, but has no experience on the international scene. (Think Obama, neither did he)

4. fpherj48 profile image76

I initially liked Ben Carson, however, recently he committed political suicide with some VERY outrageous/ignorant comments.   He needs to stay at the Hospital.

7. tsadjatko profile image68
    tsadjatkoposted 3 years ago

You know  to answer this I asked myself, Why was George Washington a great president? In looking into him I found this,

"he was the most remarkable man of an extraordinary generation. He was not an intellectual giant like Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, or James Madison. Compared with most other founders, he was not well educated, and unlike many of them he disliked abstract philosophical discussions. Washington was intelligent, well informed, and astute, but he was neither a polished writer nor a spellbinding speaker. Moreover, he was not particularly affectionate, said little in public meetings, and lacked the charisma of many of his successors. Defeating the British with his ragtag army was an impressive feat, but he was not a traditional military hero. He won no spectacular victories during the Revolutionary War. Although he is widely admired as an outstanding president, few of his policies were stupendous successes."

Washington’s genius lied principally in his exemplary character. The only other American president who has been so highly extolled for his character is Abraham Lincoln.

So the qualities/characteristics I personally find absolutely necessary in a POTUS are:

a trusted moral character.

sterling reputation for integrity and honor remaining above the political fray.

wisdom, judgment, courage and dignity

self-restraint and civil moderation

perseverance in the midst of setbacks

dedication to duty and his country,

commitment to public service and the common good

The majority of the electorate doesn't even know the meaning of moral character or they wouldn't elect known liars to run the country. If a candidate cannot be found who displays these characteristics first and foremost then one of the political parties best recruit a real patriot who does. It is no surprise that virtually every characteristic of the one man credited with being the father of our country are so diametrically opposed to the qualities of the one man today who will undoubtedly be credited with being the destroyer of America. If we continue to elect Pinnochios devoid of moral character, it will be the end of America, it's just a matter of time.

Of course a Google image search for Pinocchio George Washington turns up nothing. One more difference between the Father of the US and our modern day pig in a poke sold to us as "the one", the "Messiah", now more accurately described as the Liar in Chief, what a pathetic joke...btw, that joke's on us.

Beautifully well-presented!  Bravo.