How the hell can peeps get so wound up about a bunch of text?!!?!?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (43 posts)
  1. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

I have posted in forums, feeling that some of my comments have been attacked, rather than commented on. I know there's  a lot of tension in these forums sometimes. I don't understand it???

How can someone get their knickers in a knot about something someone has typed? And why do some peeps feel the need to attack others, i think it's for their own sick entertainment.

If you ever have anything negative to say to me, don't bother, because someones negative text can't effect me in the slightest. I do not entertain nasty idiots. More peeps should take the same attitude, and then maybe people can be nicer to one another.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a theory why people are mean in the forums.  I think in their real life they would like to lash out at others but they do not have the intestinal fortitude to do it. It is much easier to be a meanie when you are hiding behind a virtual facade.

marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol yeah. But why though? Does it not upset people when they upset others? If i upset someone, it's never deliberate, and i feel awful to hurt another person. Some peeps parents failed to teach them a little something called ediquitte. Yeas i know thats a shocking mispelling. These peeps might as weell be baboons, but thats an insult to baboons..

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
          Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they are at work they would like nothing better to vent at coworkers or even superiors but they cannot.  So they take their rage into these forums and vent at anyone who irks them.  Either that or they are just miserable people and of course "Misery loves company"

2. livelonger profile image85
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

3. nyliram profile image58
        nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No I am just as vile in reality. Seriously just say what I think it is more honest, that plus as the marcel said, why would anyone give a toss about a bit of text.
        You really would have to be super sensitive, and I am not.

2. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because some people can't or choose not to control their emotions when they get mad. Some choose to act like lawless animals. I have been guilty before. lol

3. Blogging Erika profile image67
      Blogging Erikaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Just" text?!  :-)

Words have power, whether spoken in person or written out.  Think of all the things that are "just" text.  The Constitution, Declaration of Independence, collected works of Shakespeare... dare I mention the Bible?

4. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mentally inept. smile

5. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But is effecting you, hence this thread.  That is why it is unfair.  But we have to learn to let it roll off the shoulder, the stress just ain't worth it. As you stated.

It effects me, but not directly. In reality, words don't hurt me. But they do hurt some people. like my partner is a really emotional person and gets upset if peeps say nasty things to him, i don't get upset, i disregard negativity.

But it does hurt me to see other people suffer, whom are not as strong. Suffering, (Dahkka) can lead to torment. Human beings don't deserve that from one another.

1. nyliram profile image58

Why do people care what someone that might not even be a real persona think about them. Its Cybertime.

6. profile image0
      Hikikomoriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get angry when people are rude to me online - why? Because people online aren't robots - they are real people. They are just like the folks you speak to in the flesh on a daily basis.

I try not to let people bother me, but I still get annoyed by people who are rude to me online and in person.

What types of rude things have people said to you? I'm new here.

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

One word answer - fear. smile

3. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

"Misery loves company" That's the answer!

1. Bredavies profile image62
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And thats why you shouldn't let these people get to you. You don't want to be the company? Some people just feel very strongly about things.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

This phenomenon has been in existence throughout history-biblically speaking. smile

5. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

i think it's for their own sick entertainment.
    - that is what I think too!

Sorry, I'm not very good company today, not being miserable and all!  gonna go see if I can get somebody to bicker with me a bit! cheerio!

1. marinealways24 profile image59

lol Sounds like a plan. I may do the same.

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll bicker with ya marine!  btw peeps?  is there a definition beyond "peoples" for that word?  I want to be sure I use it in the right context!  lol

lol It's no fun if the bickering is planned and agreed on. Spontaneous bickering is more fun that pre meditated bickering. It has to be in the heat of the moment.

1. mega1 profile image78

there's just no pleasing you!

lol, You may be right on that.

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I take great offense in the term 'peeps' .

1. mega1 profile image78

because of the sheep thing?  should we be saying "sheeps"?  and doesn't peeps remind you a little of sweet little fluffy Easter chicks?  peep peep peep - I can't help it - peeep  peeeeep  peeeeps! ♪♪♪

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, peeps count sheeps, don't they? big_smile

1. mega1 profile image78

that was rude of me to say that about peeps - its current and one of the great things to say - "my peeps will be in touch with your peeps"  is that proper usage?  No, really, I need to know!

7. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

I think it is the fact that people are arguing over beliefs.  If you look at the forums, the Religion forum here on hubpages is the largest forum BY FAR.  That being said, when I joined the company that I presently work for I had to attend training seminars that spoke of the dangers in discussing politics or religion in the workplace.

If you look at history then you will see that wars have been started over religion.  Wars have been started by religion, for religion, and about religion.

It is completely absurd to me as to why people want to debate their beliefs in an open forum on hubpages.  Which is a writing website.  Not a theological one. 

The above statements are the opinions of Dave272727 and in no way represent the views of the rest of the world.

I agree with you Dave. In reality, we don't go about show casting our beliefs, and trying to stuff them into others..But some people seem to think it's acceptable to do it online.

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.
      The vast majority of wars, killings, bombings, etc come down to groups of people fighting about which lot has the best imaginary friend.

Hmmmm. Lot's of new people here since I last stuck my head into the forums.
      Hope Misha and Mr. Knowles are still keeping you all under control lol

cheers, Eric G.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watch out for snakes Eric!

2. nyliram profile image58
  8. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Trying to do our best, Eric smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good to see.
      Nice avatar pic for once. Did you take a bath for Christmas or something? lol

@ Randy:
      Thanks for the warning.
      Are you planning to attack me or is there something I'm gunna find out about? yikes

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not me, but the natives are restless!  It's PCSS or post Christmas shopping syndrome.  I think it has affected the ladies the most though.  Going cold turkey from shopping does it every time.  They'll calm down in a few days hopefully.  Where the heck have you been?

9. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Beepboop I am a robot. Emotions elude me. How can words and ideas evoke... feelings?  I do not understand humans.

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I try not to let others control me - you know, like having the ability to make me angry.

I'm like you Habee. You have to have a thick skin in this world, else your going to find yourself upset a lot of times if you allow others to get to you.

1. mega1 profile image78

You know marce - I said that silly thing about the word "peeps" and I may have offended you - sorry if I did - I just get the giggles when I see it in print - not so much when I hear people say it, but its funny - isn't it?  and we used to call Easter chicks "peeps" so that's why I'm all hysterical - I thought after 24 hours I'd get over it, but I'm still all laughing and everything.  I'm sorry.  I hope you think its funny too!

Lol it's okay, no offenece taken. Should use proper english!!

11. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://underthebridge.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/peeps2.jpg

Angry Peeps.

1. mega1 profile image78

exactly - angry peeps!  Just what I was talking about!

lol  lol   lol  lol

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too cute, Ron!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)