jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Who are the real job creators?

1. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

Who are the real job creators?

The wealthy seem to be given obscene tax breaks, claiming they are needed in order to create jobs. Do you believe that trickle down economics works? Has it ever worked? Should there be a fairer tax structure?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

No, it doesn't really work.  That money is rarely spent on job creation (unless you count overseas) and the tax breaks corporations receive are insane.  In my area of the Midwest it is in fact smaller businesses that create the most jobs that pay living wages.  I am more than willing to bet they are unable to get the tax incentives given them that giant corporations are, yet here they are still in business and still making a profit.  Funny how that works isn't it?

pagesvoiceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree. We have been sold a bill of goods. Taxes need to be more in line with income to be fair. When the middle class has more spendable income more goods are purchased and more jobs created. The middle class keeps their money on U.S. soil.

3. e-five profile image94
    e-fiveposted 3 years ago

When the wealthy dump their money into investments, it really hurts the economy as a whole-- some of those investments are overseas, it has a miniscule multiplier effect, and circulates in much smaller circles.  But give the wealthy credit for hiring a few wordsmiths and strategists to frame progressive taxation as "hurting job creators."

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. They have been quite successful in framing their argument and unfortunately, people have bought the snake oil they are selling.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 3 years ago

Trickle-down economics definitely work.

As an example, several years ago when my income increased by a very large amount, I hired an additional maid to clean my home and gave my personal driver a huge raise. In addition, I retained the services of a 12-man construction crew to remodel my kitchen and bathrooms, and hired another five men to re-landscape my grounds.

Maids and a personal driver and yet, here you are writing on HubPages? Something doesn't pass the smell test.

2. feenix profile image60
      feenixposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Page, I am sure that you are familiar with the art of making a point in a creative way.

working