jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Are people born evil

1. musing randoms profile image69
    musing randomsposted 2 years ago

Are people born evil

Scientists believe they’ve identified the genes responsible for high levels of rage and violence – does this mean some people are evil from birth?

2. Akriti Mattu profile image79
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

No.

It's the environment around , the society that conditions them a certain way smile

As for the scientists pointing out, i have not come across any study that suggests that.

musing randomsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I too am inclined towards the nurture arguement.

However there are those who would argue otherwise -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science … rimes.html

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

There are some things that can make the brain/mind more prone to violence and rage yes.  Does that make someone "evil" no.  There are evil choices not evil people. Labeling people as "good" and "evil" is overly simplistic. There are a myriad of components that determine whether an individual will do harmful things or not.

I agree! some people maybe be born pre-disposed to certain tendancies however this can be checked by the enviroment around them and as you point putting everyone in a box does not give us the answers

4. Edwin Thomas profile image75
    Edwin Thomasposted 2 years ago

nah.. never
    situations make man evil
    but everyone is born good

then this throws up the arguement of what or who created the situation.

I would say as humans we all have a greater capacity to love and be good than we do the opposite, however the good is rarely acknowledged whereas the bad is immediately seen

working