Do you think a woman will ever become President of the United States? Should a w

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 3 years ago

Do you think a woman will ever become President of the United States? Should a woman be President?

For me, I wouldn't mine seeing a woman in office for the first time. We've already had a black president in office. Now, I think it's time that we have a woman as the president. What do you think? Is America ready to have a woman as president of the United States?

2. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Would rather have Elizabeth Warren than Hillary Clinton as the female presidential candidate, but yeah, it is about time we've had a lady in charge. I mean, we should be ashamed that countries like China, India, Pakistan, and Rwanda have already had female presidents/prime ministers/heads of state when the U.S. is (presumably) so much more focused on gender equality.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Yes I do think it would be amazing to have our first female president, but I don't think a female should be elected simply because she is a woman.  I do not like Hillary Clinton for example as I believe she is as bought and paid for by lobbyists as most.  I love Elizabeth Warren however and would vote for her if she were to run because she has the tenacity to stand up and speak out against Wall Street corruption.  She, or someone like her, would have the potential to be an excellent president.  I hope to see a worthy woman in the white house in my lifetime, but not sure it will happen.

1. Superkev profile image82
      Superkevposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How do you feel about her lying about being a Native-American in order to gain jobs and job promotions?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The words "honest politician" is an oxymoron. Essentially it comes down to if you dislike a candidate their lies are magnified and if you love a candidate you'll find a way to rationalize.  If she never lied would you vote for her? 
      Probably not

3. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

are there legitimate sources to prove that superkev? I've not heard of that.  If true, that's certainly not acceptable, but I'd have to know the story in full unbiased context to form that judgment.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87

Christin, You make a valid point. Very few people listen to multiple sources. Not many people watch MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN before making a final decision!
      They choose the one that (slants) news the way (they) like it! smile

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe the U.S. will elect a female president but it won't be because she's a woman. Her (party and it's platform) for dealing with the existing problems will determine if she wins or not.
    The real challenge for (any) candidate is to win their party's nomination!
    Generally speaking moving forward "Red states" and "Blue states" are not going to change because of their party's nominee.
    The battle then comes down to winning the "Swing states", independents, and the small percentage of undecided.
    Too often people mistakenly assume the party and what it stands for along with the issues of the day has nothing to do with who people vote for! Not many pro-life people vote for pro-choice candidates and vice versa. Conservative religious people aren't likely to vote for a candidate that supports marriage equality.
    People say things like Obama got 90% of the black vote because he's black. The reality is close to 90% of blacks vote Democrat period!
    If Ben Carson won the Republican nomination and ran against Hilary Clinton she would win the "black vote".
    If Joe Biden was the Democrat nominee and Carly Fiorina was the Republican nominee the women who'd vote for Carly  would not be the same women who would have voted for Hilary Clinton!
    Those "Clinton women" would vote for Joe Biden.
    Gender and race are secondary to party platforms.

5. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 3 years ago

I think putting a woman in the White House for a term or two would definitely benefit the country. Women have an insight that men don't, just as men have perspectives that women don't. I don't believe a woman president should be commonplace. Most feminine characteristics go against what a country needs to be successfully run, but a woman's perspective would definitely help our country with regards to legislation and such.
    Funny that you mention Obama. As an example as a minority being in the White House, he is a bad example. He had some good ideas, but followed through on them in inappropriate and controversial ways. Nobody I know is pleased with Obama, but most don't understand what is really at stake. For example, the healthcare issue. I am one of those uninsured people taxing the medical system, ER visits instead of doctors visits, due to lack of funds, and the hospital bill wasn't paid. People like this need insurance. Yet, Obama's idea of "affordable" exceeded our monthly income (at poverty level). Furthermore, this is America, and people shouldn't be forced to purchase insurance. Optional nationwide coverage with coverage based on income would have been a lot more appropriate.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87

Many people also felt we shouldn't be forced to pay Social Security taxes when FDR introduced it. Now it's a "sacred cow"! There are also those who believe we should abolish the IRS. No one wants the government to force them to do anything! smile

6. profile image51
    Lion Starposted 3 years ago

Absolutely.
    We have come to a time in history that women have risen to full partnership with men.  Remember when we couldn't vote?
    Many women are naturally rising to leadership positions and are transforming processes that lead to sustainability and are beneficial to all.
    In general; Men are much more 'product' or 'result' oriented. Women are much more 'process' oriented.  Where are we going? vs. How are we getting there?

A woman would potentially make changes that would nurture our nation rather than rule our nation.

I would not vote for someone simply because they are female. My vote will go to the best candidate that has real sustainable solutions to real issues. 
    Hilary Clinton has endorsed GMO's. That is a real issue that needs a real solution. She will not get my vote, period.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

It isn't a case, surely, that a man or a woman SHOULD get to that position of power as HOW and WHY they get to it.   It really doesn't matter what gender a leader is.  What does matter is how good a leader they are.   We live in a world that is, at present, largely dominated by male leadership.  There are many reasons for that.  But 'the times they are a' changing.'

I think it's inevitable that one day a woman will become the President of the United States, assuming that office continues on as it is for many years.   It will be a first for the USA, conservative old United States being so far behind a lot of the rest of the world.

What will be revolutionary is to see some women in power in some of these Middle Eastern Nations where women are treated not only as 'second class' citizens but as chattels.

Even this will come about eventually, but that will probably happen a long, long time after the first woman President of the United States is elected.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)