jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone have any issues with the Trump Administration backing us out of the

1. mike102771 profile image80
    mike102771posted 15 months ago

Does anyone have any issues with the Trump Administration backing us out of the UN?

President Trump has signed some executive orders to reduce the USA's role in the UN. With so many troubles in the world is this the best idea? Should we take a bigger role in the UN with an eye toward making this useless bureaucratic cacophony relevant? Maybe force them to pay their NYC parking tickets?

http://thehill.com/policy/international … rgs-report

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13378290_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image45
    bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months ago

Michael
    The short answer, NO
    We are the UN, and have been since Day 1. All during its history the UN has been maybe best used helping the poor, but as far as being the Cabal for peace, not really.

The UN works on the same mechanism as does the US congress, diametrically opposed ideology. Congress doesn't cross the aisle and the UN doesn't cross the culture.

It seems to me that we should have put the UN building somewhere other than NYC. Because it appears that these foreign dignitaries have too many distractions and they may think of it as a vacation, instead of a place of work. imo.

It doesn't take any effort what so ever to discover that the UN fails at its major role of bringing peace in the world.

The US has been in some war around the world for the last 100 years. That is not my definition of peace.

It reminds me of an umpire that turns their back on home plate, and can only hear the game but is not doing any umpiring.

So, the UN needs to as they say, Shape up or Ship out.

Both organizations have been more of an impediment to beneficial goals than they have been for creating solutions and world peace.

It is similar to Sir Isaac Newton's 3rd law of motion, for Every Action there is an Equal and Opposite Reaction. Similar but not identical.

mike102771posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Tell them to pay the tickets. That would get them to leave. As for the poor just look at Africa. Their bang-up job has ended years of wars and suffering. Oh wait I might be wrong about that. Maybe if the UN moved to Somalia?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image45
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Michael, That would be an interesting number to calculate since the UN was first put in NYC. We could get money just recycling all the paper from the tickets. lol

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 15 months ago

I think we should stop paying even a penny towards the functions of the United Nations. The last couple of years the United Nations thought they could impose their ideals over our United States Constitution and its Bill of Rights. I don't give a flip if the United Nations collapses and dies, in fact, that would be preferable.

1. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Amen.

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

There is no point to give billions of dollars and put up with the diplomatic chaos of their many employees for them to routinely denounce Israel for existing and the US for not being a liberal government.
    They haven't solved any major issue in decades without US soldiers acting as aid workers or peace keepers, and we can't afford to peace keep the rest of the world that calls us evil for doing so when there are so many problems at home.

mike102771posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Have they ever solved any problems? We are still in a state of war in Korea, their handling of the break up of Yugoslavia and that small problem of genocide in Africa and Asia. Has the UN ever won?

working