jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Why do people want to be famous?

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Why do people want to be famous?

I personally would not want to for the invasion of privacy and pressure factor and many other downsides.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7603698_f260.jpg

Again with the questions, oh dear.  However, I am graceful and shall respond to this inquiry about the successful. People want to be famous for the accolades and acclaim they will receive.  Also, they want to be famous because they know that their fame will give them credibility and power.  They furthermore want to be famous to gain influence and to be a voice for those who are powerless in our society. Despite what you believe, fame is/can be used for many positive things.

People want to be famous in order to stand out from the crowd.  They have a talent and/or gift so why not bank on it.  Fame can be a wonderful thing.  With fame, they have financial independence and really do not have to answer to anyone.  They are their own boss.   People who are famous have access and opportunities that the masses DON'T and WON'T ever have.

People who are famous can create their own brand as they have the clout and means to do so.  They have more choices in life and many avenues are opened to them because of their brand.  They use their fame to create so much good in the world e.g. Oprah and Charlize Theron with their varied charities.

1. peeples profile image92
      peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful points!

2. chuckandus6 profile image75
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree there are good sides,but could you imagine everything you do being on public display,your hair,your relationships what you say,where you go.and of course your children and husband lives are watched carefully.

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Someone has to say something POSITIVE about fame and success in response to the question at hand which allude that fame and success are somehow wrong.....Success and fame are WONDERFUL.

4. chuckandus6 profile image75

I dont believe its wrong but it isnt something i would want.

3. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i don't want to be famous, see those celebrities how they live? no privacy at all

yes that is how i feel, i would imagine famous people feel like they are on all the time.

4. word55 profile image73
    word55posted 2 years ago

I used to want to be but not anymore. I learned that that is for God to be. I enjoy my privacy. I wouldn't want guards hovering all over me when I'm out in public. Besides, I get enough attention and love now. I don't know why I thought I needed to be famous. If you happen to become it, that is one thing but to want it means there may be a profound problem. Fame often does come with fortune. The Jackson 5/The Jacksons became very famous and look at what happened to Michael. Sometimes, you think you want it like that until you realize that it is not what you expected it to be. Some guys may want all the girls or some girls may want all the guys but in reality it can't be that way.

Yes I think that I am famous to the ones i love and that is enough for me.I wouldn't want to be the one with a walk with hairdresser at all times,worrying about being worse dressed,my relationship analyzed like soap opera..

working