jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you like the way society is changing?

1. iggy7117 profile image79
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Do you like the way society is changing?

I like the technology and new things but the way people live and their morals are all screwed up, we cater to too many people and change our ways for them. We have men and women sleeping  together or changing into the other sex, it is getting harder to pay my bills. I am not happy with the way things are changing, are you?

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago

I think sometimes we idealize the past. Morals were not always so great in the past either.

Women used to be treated basically as the property of their husbands. Sure, divorce was rare, but sometimes maybe it would have been in order.

Things like adultery and child abuse were just as common as they are now, people just looked the other way.

If you object to homosexuality, it has always existed. It's only that our society is more tolerant now, so people have "come out of the closet."

I think we have made a lot of progress with things like racism. Sure, it's not gone, but we are working on it.

I think a lot of the social changes are for the better.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

I definitely do not like the way our Society is changing. No one is held accountable for their actions anymore, everything and everyone is labeled, children are taught how to be victims and that they will be rewarded even when they lose, you can't speak on your opinions without someone getting offended. Our Society is in a very pathetic state, and it will continue to get worse. When someone changing their gender dominates the news instead of actual news/problems, something is seriously wrong.

4. cam8510 profile image95
    cam8510posted 2 years ago

Our expectations of society and government will determine how we answer this question for the most part.

Government has a responsibility to each person it serves.  There is no document, holy book or sacred writing that says government should make laws solely on moral grounds.  Government is a tool to achieve a practical end.  That end is an organized society.  Morality is the responsibility of individuals. 

I am happy with the recent Supreme Court decision regarding same sex marriage.  It was a very confusing, unfair situation for these couples to live in prior to the decision.  It will continue to be difficult until all the details are ironed out.  But government has a responsibility to enable these people to live happy, free and productive lives.  They do not have the responsibilities to hinder freedom or to tell people they are sinners. 

I have enough money to pay my bills, so I'm not unhappy with how things are going in that regard.  I realize not everyone is in the same situation.  There are times when we may need to make changes in order to prosper.  I did this very thing three years ago and am benefiting to this day.  Society as a whole is not necessarily the problem when it comes to personal financial problems.  It may require a personal solution.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

It would be accurate to say that I do like the way society is changing. What I don't like is the areas where it still refuses to change. For example, marriage equality was a huge leap forward, but wages have failed to keep up with inflation, resulting in a financial strain on everyone. So much more progress is needed, but the U.S. changes at a snail's pace.

6. chuckandus6 profile image74
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

I think personally society stinks and I am living so against the morals of most people now,in my 30s and Most people i know my age disgust me with their way of marriage and relationships and talking about stuff that I woulf keep personal.It diagusts me literally its in movies music and everything, just want society to become more innocent and not so sleazy

working