Is God and our morals disappearing in our society?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. TwoCooks profile image58
    TwoCooksposted 6 years ago

Is God and our morals disappearing in our society?

I worry that God is just fading away in our society. I think that it's so crazy that we have psychic shows, ghost hunting shows, etc. but when it comes to Jesus, nobody wants to talk about it.  Like that whole t-bow thing, how his friend said he should stop the 'God talk'

2. Samantha Manyika profile image57
    Samantha Manyikaposted 6 years ago

YES they is one its about getting closer to the creator of us and the universe and by believing in GOD,  while living in world filled with drugs, , and all kinds of evil , its great to know that God brings joy so bliss, and his peace that he brings, as well well as love is beyond comprehension, beyond words.

3. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

With all due respect, I think your question is also your answer. Our society is one that's multicultural. Not everyone is a Christian, and so to attempt to rely on Christian morals, while you're quite free to do so in your own life, is stepping on the beliefs of others. That's why the divide between church and state was initially enforced, so people of any denomination would be free to live in a society which did not institute prejudicial treatment for or against them.

Let's take that statement, "Stop the God Talk" as an example for a second. God's only begotten son was Jesus, who among his other titles was known to be the Sherpherd of Man. If you think about that, it's not really very comforting. Sherpherds care for their flock solely because the flock is a commodity, eventually to be sheered for their fleece and slaughtered for their meat. What's more, sheep follow the shepherd blindly, right into the abbatoir and the waiting knife. The crux of why people are trying to avoid "God Talk" and why God is dissapearing from society is that we value our sense of free will, self-determination, and ability to think for ourselves, which, if you read the Bible, God supposedly gave us, though He doesn't want us to exercise.

I've begun to ramble, for which I apologize, but what I'm saying is that Godliness and morals needn't necessarily be the same thing. Passages in the Old Testament still say slavery is OK, and the husband is free to beat the wife is she is disobedient. These Godly acts are probably not what you think of when you think of morals. Chances are your ideas of morality have been tailored over time to better fit changes in human lifestyles. In summary, your morals aren't necessarily godly, nor need they God's written backing to be good things. By all means, keep your morals, because our society is definately losing its way, but try not to mistake that for Godliness, which has become synonymous with narrow-mindedness and oppressive behavior for quite a while now.

4. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I find religion on a whole is becoming less topical. More people see sense in freedom to think whatever they like, without boundaries from their parents - to be able to believe in their own mind what is right. I met a women recently who's Mother disowned her because she didn't wear that vial item that women must wear - she told me that while she wanted to speak with her Mother, she is happy that she's found freedom here in England and equal opportunity.

I find that religion can stop people from becoming themselves. It can stop happiness, it can stop progress. The things we idolise and the things we want to do are sometimes stopped because we're blocked by religious views.

This is why I'm an atheist, I'm free to do whatever I like, I'm free to love; to share; to laugh; to walk; to dance and to sing and to be myself whenever I like. I believe everyone in this world should have that freedom - and I believe the only thing that stops us is religion and the belief we must sacrifice freedom for God or a higher-order.

5. supermarc3ll profile image61
    supermarc3llposted 6 years ago

Christ never came to this earth to form religions but relationship.  What religions did, it becomes rules and regulations. Rigid and rituals. Religions trying to reach out toGod whatever it can. Relationship...is personal life relationship-connection. Christianity has become somewhat religious like any other groups.  What about discipleship. Not everyone wants or willing to be disciple.  Learner and not only follower of Jesus.  What we are seeing now.. is the decaying of morals and values in the societies.

6. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 6 years ago

Morals are disappearing....but God is Eternal and cant disappear....He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last

7. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i think it's crazy that religion exists along with the belief in ghosts, demons etc. i can't understand why people can't just realize that we are here, we decide our own lives and that when we die, it's over. as for morals, they have never changed. read about history and you will see that people were a lot more messed up hundreds of years ago then they are now.it's funny how people talk about the love of god right after an earthquake or a volcano or such kills a few thousand people. brainwashing to the max.

8. massingill profile image60
    massingillposted 6 years ago

Is God more capable of disappearing than human beings? If anyone is disappearing, I don't think it's God, whomever you concieve God to be. God doesn't need any help from us either, if God is God. I believe he simply wants to share the gift of aliveness with us. If anybody has disappeared, it is we who have "dropped the ball."

9. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

They are not disappearing. They are polarizing! Us against them.

And that's a big part of the problem. So many Christians are "judging."

And that's all about ego! The equal-opportunity source of all evil.

Ego is the self we need to let die before we can have everlasting life, but so many still cling to their egos. The Pharisees did, despite Christ's warnings.

We need to be about love and compassion in these final days before judgement.

Already the forces of evil are gathering. We've had the rebirth of Israel. We've had the great star (nuclear furnace) of Wormwood ("Chernobyl" in Ukrainian). And we've had the birth of the beasts--Al Qaeda and the Western Bankers who financed them. The freedoms of America are being squeezed to death and many welcome the enslavement as "necessary" to our security. The Patriot Act, TSA were only the beginning. Now Congress is threatening to clamp down on free speech (the Internet). Soon, the Rockefellers may implement personal microchips for ID and commerce (remember Revelation and the "mark of the beast?").

Morals are not disappearing. The lack of morals is merely coming into the open and creating a rift in society.

We should not be part of the problem by joining in one side versus the other. Hold steady to God's morals, love all of our brothers and sisters, but love God above all else.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)