jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is every one a hypocrite sometimes?

1. chuckandus6 profile image74
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Is every one a hypocrite sometimes?

So I noticed that my husband and I and everyone I know has had these moments of being a hypocrite. Is everyone like this? Is this just part of being human?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Absolutely. Viewpoints can alter over time, based on new experiences, and even day-to-day mood can affect how we will react to something. Which results in a whole lot of hypocritical statements. The hard part is admitting when you've done it, rather than getting defensive.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

good points

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Without a doubt!
    Whatever one's opinions or beliefs may be there will usually be "exceptions". As is often said if you choose (false) for most questions that contain the words: {always or never} odds are in your favor you're bound to get it right with very few exceptions.
    Given a certain set circumstances people will make "exceptions" especially if they are {emotionally invested} in the outcome.
    There is a major difference between discussing a "hypothetical scenario" and dealing with a real life situation.
    Even staunch religious believers tend to "cherry pick" the scriptures they will follow as opposed to going along with every law or rule in the bible. Imagine a world where Exodus 31:15 was an (obeyed rule):
    "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death."
    That's insanity!

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes,i think from a religious point of view,no one can follow everything but its ok

working