jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

If you are a loyal political party voter, why do you follow that party. Be speci

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

If you are a loyal political party voter, why do you follow that party. Be specific please

2. Justin Earick profile image82
    Justin Earickposted 2 years ago

Democrats are for equal LGBTQ rights, Republicans are for state-sanctioned discrimination. Democrats are for reproductive rights, Republicans want state-mandated pregnancy outcomes. Democrats prefer diplomacy, Republicans prefer constant war. Democrats want to tax the rich more, Republicans want to tax the poor and working-class more. Democrats want religious freedom, Republicans want a theocracy. Democrats want good public schools with educated students, Republicans want privatized education with students who are taught creationism and abstinence only sex-ed. Democrats want to expand social insurance programs, Republicans want to tear apart the social safety net. Democrats want universal healthcare, Republicans want the market to determine whether you get care. Democrats want maternity leave and sick leave and overtime and higher minimum wage, Republicans want US workers' compensation packages to compete with Chinese & Mexican workers'. Democrats want to address 80+ gun deaths per day, Republicans want more guns in schools, churches & theaters. Democrats know that our nation was built by immigrants, who commit less crime than natural born citizens, who are more likely to own a business, that a wall only keeps people in who would go home when not working, that net migration has been less than zero since 2010; Republicans want to tear apart the constitution to end birth right citizenship and militarize the border in an ugly nationalistic rage. Democrats want to try to protect our planet through public policy by increasing clean energy output, Republicans think snowballs in the winter means climate change is a hoax, bc god told Noah everything would be alright. Democrats want an end to mass incarceration and the drug war, Republicans want privatized prisons, stop&frisk, prohibition. Democrats believe in labor-rights and collective bargaining, Republicans oppose workers and unions. Democrats want an end to money in politics, Republicans think corporations are people and money is speech.
    There are other things I wish Democrats were better about, such as the 4th Amendment, but they all agree on blanket NSA snooping. Same with the 6th & 8th Amendments are far as torture and never charging prisoners. Capital punishment; drone wars. Same with press freedom, both sides go after journalists. Same with protesters, both respond to people attempting to exercise their constitutional rights with a militarized police force (unless it's white people with guns, then it's perfectly fine to protest any way you like.)

bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Justin
      Thanks,
      Now with all the wants what did they actually accomplish?

2. Justin Earick profile image82
      Justin Earickposted 2 years agoin reply to this

In the 13 weeks they actually had the majority? Only the biggest expansion of healthcare access in 60 years. So...there's that.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image32

Justin
      Out of all those wants you mentioned, ACA is it.
      And do you really think that ACA is an accomplishment, and if so why?
      Wouldn't it have been better to fix the economy, keep people from losing their homes, and their jobs?

4. Justin Earick profile image82
      Justin Earickposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Single-payer would be better & cheaper. Obama instead tried to placate conservatives by using the Heritage Foundation privatized healthcare plan for access to 20 million so far. Do you honestly need me to explain to you why that is an accomplishm

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image32

Justin
      Yes, please explain it. Forcing people to pay a tax and adding tens of millions of more people to a healthcare system that already has questionable quality only makes the healthcare worse. So far the ACA has done little to improve the system.

3. lovemychris profile image59
    lovemychrisposted 2 years ago

http://www.priestsforlife.org/candidate … on-web.pdf
    This is a good comparison chart....I follow Dems for all the reasons mentioned. and then some.

Mostly, I want freedom for us to live as WE see fit. Mostly, I believe in Live and Let Live. And I am so sick of mean-ness being promoted as some kind of virtue.
    Freedom as individuals--but caring as a community. That's why I'm a Dem.

Sandie
      Can you give me an example of that freedom?

2. lovemychris profile image59
      lovemychrisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not be discriminated against because we women, gays, immigrants or people of color.Women free to control own uterus.Free to ask cop why he pulling you over without being shot.Immigrants free to walk down street without "papers please". Free to speak!

working