jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the biggest misconceptions that people with children have about

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is the biggest misconceptions that people with children have about

people who are childfree?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12455101_f260.jpg

2. thegecko profile image79
    thegeckoposted 2 years ago

That we don't like children and that we're very self-centered and selfish! But that's not true for many of us smile

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Of course not.  Also, another one is that childfree people KNOW NOTHING about children.  How preposterous indeed!  They think that childfree people live in a vacuum, never having contact w/children.

2. thegecko profile image79
      thegeckoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I worked directly with youth for 10+ years. Many of my co-workers did not have children, yet we were entrusted with the education, welfare, and socialization of others' children. We did a pretty darn good job smile

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

One does not have to have children to interact well w/them.  Children are our most precious resource.  We all should love children whether we have them or not.  We must love and protect our young!

4. thegecko profile image79
      thegeckoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Unless you're Fat Bastard, he eats children =\

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 2 years ago

That we are incomplete without children. I am complete, free and happy without children as are many like me smile

4. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 2 years ago

People with children think that those without children have no responsibility in life, which is not true. People without children still have responsibilities such as their career, taking care of their home, auto, health and dealing with other family relatives.

They also mistakenly believe people without children have all this extra money in their pockets, which for a small amount of people that may be true, but most people I know without children still have to watch their budgets carefully every week so they can plan for the future.

5. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

That couples who do not have children, don't want children. Which is not always the case. Many woman or men cannot create children and couple do not always have the money for medical means or adoption. Some couples just want to wait until they buy a home or their financially stable.

working