jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why are men superior to women?

1. woahthere profile image61
    woahthereposted 2 years ago

Why are men superior to women?

What made this such a man's world ? I'm confused as to why everything seems to be over ruled by the male gender.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12715437_f260.jpg

Men aren't superior to women. However what I suspect you mean is how did the world come to be led by men.
    I suspect if we go back to prehistoric days the "strongest person" became the leader of the tribe or village! Odds are that individual was a man. In primitive days being the best warrior and hunter took one to the top or made them a leader of their tribe.
    I imagine this method of selection went on for thousands of generations. Thus the adage: "Only the (strong) survive."
    Women were physically weaker and therefore were not respected as equal to men. They were regulated to taking care of the children.
    In many parts of the world women were denied the opportunity to go to school, vote, or have any say in the enactment of laws.
    For those who are religious God is generally referred to as being a (male). According to the bible he made man (Adam) first and then made Eve to keep him company and become "his helpmate"
    "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him."
    "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and (brought her unto the man).
    23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
    Now if you buy into those beliefs it appears that woman was an after thought to keep Adam company. Throughout the bible the men were allowed to have multiple wives, rule countries, and establish the laws.
    Today will live in an era where business sense, education, and other attributes are rewarded over physical strength. Brain over brawn.
    This explains why Hilary Clinton is seen by many people as having a chance to become the U.S. President. Margret Thatcher was Prime Minster of Great Britain. In the U.S. we several women who are the CEO of Fortune 500 companies:
    Mary Barra- General Motors, Meg Whitman - Hewlett-Packard, Virginia Rometty- IBM, Safra A. Catz- Oracle Software, Ursula M. Burns - Xerox Corporation, Phebe Novakovic- General Dynamics, Indra K. Nooyi - PepsiCo, Inc. are just a few women running very large companies.
    We also have women in various levels of government from governors of states to U.S. Senators, Congresswomen, Mayors and so forth.
    Where the woman lives determines her amount of opportunity.

3. lisavollrath profile image98
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Male superiority is a Judeo-Christian idea. In many pre-Christian religions, women were superior or equal to men. In my mind, they still are.

1. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
      Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Historical truth! Preach it!

4. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

I won't say men are superior to women.  Although some women can be more emotional unstable then men, probably due to PMS.  And that could cause these women to make some pretty bad decisions,  But, once a woman over come this, I don't see, why would women be any way worse then men.

1. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
      Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

PMS doesn't force anyone to make bad decisions or create emotional instability. PMS is like having the flu and if you think having the flu makes for bad decision making, then you'd better apply that kind of reasoning to both genders.

working