jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Who represents the voters whose candidate lost?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Who represents the voters whose candidate lost?

Today as it has been over a hundred years, the candidates that win elections are either a democrat or a republican.
    So if you are a D and a R is elected, or if your are an R and a D is elected, who is going to represent you in government for that position.
    Remember, the D and the R are pretty much opposites in their goals, so when your candidate loses, that means your goal is not going to even be worked on by the opposite party winner.
    Who is going to represent you, until the next election?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

More often than not both sides are attempting to push their agenda which is why there is "gridlock". However at local and state level if you voted for the opposition party that lost an election then there really is no one who is (completely in agreement with what you want).
    However odds are there are some things that a R and a D person might be on the same page about. History has also shown that even if your candidate wins it doesn't mean he or she will do everything you thought they would.
    Sometimes it's not until they're elected that they realize they're not going to be able to keep all those promises they made. In most instances politicians will say whatever it takes to get elected.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your second paragraph, and I think that your last paragraph is after the fact. The party knows, and the candidate obeys, so they know even while they are campaigning. That is my opinion.

3. lovemychris profile image61
    lovemychrisposted 2 years ago

Nobody. You have to suck it up and bear it. Only difference this time around: we learned that the opposition can refuse to govern for 8 years.

Now that's a new paradigm. Just can't wait to see it implemented on the other side. The whine will be heard around the world. "What do you mean, you refuse to work with me? I'm the president!"
    ummmmm, 2008-2012. No need to work with prez, or even show respect. You can nullify the other half of the country at will!

Yay! My way or nothing. Wooohoooooo