Who is responsible for the Syrian Refugee crisis?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 8 years ago

Who is responsible for the Syrian Refugee crisis?

The images of thousands of people migrating out of Syria is disturbing to say the least. Who do you think is primarily responsible for this?

2. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 8 years ago

There are now millions of Syrians in several countries - Turkey, Jordan, Greece, Germany, France, Italy, UK, Sweden.....the list goes on.

When opposition forces started to fight against Assad and his army back in 2012/13 the USA, UK, France didn't want to get involved. Russia gave support for Assad which basically stopped any serious interference. The trouble had been brewing for years because of the cruel regime - Assad killing many dissenters and using torture and murder as weapons of oppression - and once the fighting increased the situation got out of control.

People fled their homes because of aerial attacks, street to street battles, confusion over who was fighting who, in-fighting ....people couldn't see an end to the war. Assad was holding his own. And with the advance of Islamic State, Daesh, more people wanted out, understandably.

The situation now is still unclear. Russia has joined in with aerial bombing of ISIL but it's not known if they'll still support Assad.

With the recent terrorist murders in Paris and the bombing of the Russian plane, I think more effort will now be put in to Syria and Iraq, against ISIL,Daesh, call them what you will. Momentum has shifted. If ISIL can be defeated and degraded then the opportunity to do something in Syria might arise and then the idea that Syrians will once more return home could become fact.

It's complicated. The only certain thing is that from now on Russia, USA, France, UK and others will increase bombing of ISIL positions. If aeroplane bombs and drones can't do the job then the powers that be will have to think about ground troops in Syria (and Iraq) at some point.

jackclee lmposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure you answered my question. Do you think it is ISIS?

2. chef-de-jour profile image98
      chef-de-jourposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You could say Assad is responsible, the opposition forces too, plus ISIL -there is some responsibility with the USA/UK/France and Russia and the UN for taking no action earlier on in the conflict. As an average Joe in the street I'd say Assad.

3. jackclee lm profile image81

I don't get it. Assad has been in power for many years. Why is this happening now? Who is mostly responsible to the current refugee crisis? I agree with all the people you mentioned. I would add Germany to the mix for inviting the refugees in.

3. somethgblue profile image74
    somethgblueposted 8 years ago

In a nutshell, WE ALL ARE, period, end of story.

The entire human race is responsible for allowing this farce to continue. We all must take responsibility for our actions.

The Dalai Lama said best when referring to the so-called terrorist attacks in Paris.

“We cannot solve this problem only through prayers. I am a Buddhist and I believe in praying. But humans have created this problem, and now we are asking God to solve it. It is illogical. God would say, solve it yourself because you created it in the first place.”

“We need a systematic approach to foster humanistic values, of oneness and harmony. If we start doing it now, there is hope that this century will be different from the previous one. It is in everybody’s interest. So let us work for peace within our families and society, and not expect help from God, Buddha or the governments.”

“Furthermore, the problems that we are facing today are the result of superficial differences over religious faiths and nationalities.We are one people.”

We are one species of sentient beings existing on one planet. We have created the mess we live in and it is up to us to clean it up!

Look what Anonymous has done, shut down 5,500 ISIS twitter accounts, fighting violence without violence.

WE ARE RESPONSIBLE, BECAUSE WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN!!!!!

Somethingblue, I have to disagree with you on this one. I am not responsible for this. There is nothing that I can do as an individual to cause this or to stop it. It is sad but life is unfair.
      When I pose this question, I was looking for insight.

2. somethgblue profile image74
      somethgblueposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Do you have the ability to write an article about this subject?

You have the freedom to chose?

Are You telling me there isn't a profession that would allow you to help solve this issue?

You are responsible for that choice.

Own it.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

I think that it goes back to religious differences in the Middle East and Syria is just one of the countries feeling the result.

Terrorists are extremists using religion as a bond to get support. In reality, who knows what is their real motive. ISIS, and ISIL were allowed to breed because the US left IRAQ worst than before we got there.

The UN made a mistake with Desert Storm in not doing something about Saddam Hussein then.
    So there are a number of triggers for the Syrian Refugee Crisis. But religion is at the core.

Feel free to delete this if it is not in scope with your question.

So you are blaming religion as the cause. I disagree. Religion has been around for thousands of years, this refugee crisis is man made.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So is religion, and this is not the first time religion has caused a refugee crisis, and it won't be the last. Religion has been a problem for thousands of years as well.

3. jackclee lm profile image81

Yes you are correct. However, the latest refugee crisis is somehow different. Never has so many young men as a group migrated away from their homeland without putting up a fight. I wonder why?

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Jack Lee
      That is an excellent question, and its answer could also answer your question.

5. somethgblue profile image74

The nation of Tibet has not been involved in a War in 1,300 years. When armies invade they do not fight back, they did not participate. Perhaps the Syrian refugees are using the same tactic of no-participation, after all it takes two to tango.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Unfortunately, there is only one Tibet.

7. somethgblue profile image74

It's called leading by example and it works, rather engage in another senseless war the Syrian refugees simple leave the fighting to The Cabal financed ISIS. The refugee crisis is created so countries will declare Martial Law and close their borders.

5. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Hillary Clinton. During the "Arab Spring" of mass unrest in the Middle East, she assumed that if you kill the dictators, you'll get democracy. Instead, the best organized groups were fundamentalist Muslim groups.
    End result in Egypt was the Islamic terrorist group the Muslim Brotherhood getting elected. They imposed Shariah law before the secular military removed them from power.
    In Libya, she took out Qaddafi. Now Muslim militias organized around various religious factions are fighting. The same happened after Yemen's President was driven from the country.
    In Syria, Russia acted to support Assad because they have a major naval base in the country. Anyone who knew of the major military base with ships and thousands of Russia personnel knew they'd act to protect it. They need it to protect their oil flowing through Syria to the EU market and their ocean access to the Mediterranean. Thus Assad remains in power, Syria has a civil war with many refugees, and ISIS arose.
    ISIS is entirely Hillary Clinton's fault. She armed fundamentalist Muslim militias without caring who they were. Criminally negligent, she didn't care what they did with the weapons - they were used to fight Assad in Syria and forces in Iraq, creating the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, ISIS. She didn't even stop the flow of weapons as it was proven they were creating a Shariah state in the areas they controlled. If she hadn't armed them, there would be no Syrian civil war, no Syrian refugees, no ISIS.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)